New Garrett Division - Thermal Imaging

Garrett already makes security scanners.... now add thermal imaging looking for high fevers among those passing through.

https://garrett.com/security/smartscan-system

Garrett Rolls out SmartScan™ Integrated Health and Safety Screening Solution

Garland, Texas (February 8, 2021) —Garrett Electronics, a design and manufacturing company specializing in security metal detectors, announced that it is now shipping orders of its popular new touchless SmartScanThermal Imaging system.

SmartScan is offered as either an add-on accessory for new Garrett PD 6500i or MZ 6100 walk-through metal detectors, or it can be retrofitted into previously-installed Garrett detectors. “We are very pleased to be adding this exciting capability to our walk-through metal detector products,” said Garrett CEO Steve Novakovich. “Never before has thermal screening been so fast and easy for Garrett Metal Detectors customers.”

Garrett SmartScan technology allows body temperature measurements to be taken simultaneously with metal detector security screening. “This allows your security checkpoint to become an efficient, multi-functional, no-contact portal using artificial intelligence,” said Garrett Senior Product Manager Aaron Arellano.

Among the early users of this new technology is the City of Fort Worth, Texas, which installed new Garrett’s SmartScan walk-through metal detectors at Fort Worth City Hall and the adjacent A. D. Marshall Public Safety Building. In a press release issued December 2, City Marshal Philip J. Swift explained that the SmartScan system was designed to create a “positive flow” and to speed up the screening process, making the Fort Worth buildings more accessible and safer for everyone.

SmartScan has also been installed in other cities to protect arenas, K-12 schools, manufacturing facilities, and office buildings.

CDAB6C71-F3FE-4734-B81A-410531759B17.jpeg
D1646062-7976-4231-8353-76422C69A429.jpeg

• Like 5
  • Oh my! 1

Well in this day and age it's a good idea for them. Your existing customers may buy it and if word gets around, you may get some new customers too. Sounds lie a win - win situation.

They have had that since last year, think when the virus broke out. Nokta is following with their thermal equipment company merger. Good to see the companies diversify so they aren't solely depended on just regular detectors.

Actually looks pretty well made. Nice design.

I’m always amazed at these new innovations. I can see the walkthrough used at an event where no outside food is to be brought in. There goes sneaking in your hot lunch!  😆