6 minutes ago, kac said:

Incredible how well your doing, funny that most people take years to find what your picking in just a matter of days. You got a good knack for this.

Haha, I'm more inclined to think that because most of this area is un-hunted is the reason but thanks. I do credit my mentors, YouTube, @Chase Goldman, and the Academy πŸ†πŸ˜€

• Thanks 1

So Chase if giving up his trade secretes huh? heheπŸ‘

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

You gotta change the thread title when you find coins.  😁

kac and School-master seem to have you headed in the right direction on your coin's ID.Β  You can tell from the distance the bust is from the rim that it's not one of 'ours'.Β  The diameter is right, though.Β  (I guess we copied our former rulers.)Β  The weight is light be that could be explained by wear and chemical action loss.

Great to see all your finds that seem to be pouring in.Β  I guess you gotta strike when the iron's hot (i.e. field hasn't been planted).

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, GB_Amateur said:

You gotta change the thread title when you find coins.  😁

Yeah, sorry. Probably should rename the whole thing "Noob in a field #1-n" πŸ˜€

I'm out here right now hating March for its deceptive weather.

53 minutes ago, GB_Amateur said:

I guess you gotta strike when the iron's hot (i.e. field hasn't been planted).

Oops hit save too soon. Yes I have two more old house sites to search when I'm done with this one, I expect the farmers to be out here next week putting down lime, and I gotta get my RV ready for the road.

Some things I should also mention are the amount of research I've done, looking up historical maps, scouting, talking to people who grew up here. Chase has pointed me in a great direction with the Equinox, recommending books such as Andy Sabisch's and Clive Clynick, who I think is a member of this forum. I'm one of "those people" who reads the manual before pressing the buttons. I've spent a lot of time watching countless videos and reading other members' posts here. I'm not on any other forum. I am grateful for the help you all contribute. I'm also grateful to my fabulous wife who is patient enough to withstand my obsession.

And last, I'm pretty sure grid searching is the key to my successes, if I was just walking around I wouldn't find half the stuff I do.

When time is essential, IMHO it's best to zero in on where to look.Β 

• Like 1

Cleaning it up will probably not do much good. If you do, start in the fields that are plain, like below the bust. Leave the details alone or you will lose them. That corrosion may be tough to pick away or it may just flake off easily. Use caution.

• Thanks 1