Any Gold Around Arkansas?

I went to a club outing on the Arkansas River on the border of Oklahoma and Arkansas a few years back visiting family and they were getting some good fine gold. The go to set up was a 4 stack Gold Cube with the classifier on top. More material you move, the more gold you get! They had me laughing when they showed me a fly turd piece of gold and said "This is an Oklahoma nugget". Good times. 

• Like 3

LOL  Interesting. I can now tell him Arkansas is full of flysh*t gold!

Reason I asked was he was looking for a hobby and I suggested a metal detector. Maybe he should look at coin hunting. 

• Haha 1

I have panned for gold near Beaver Arkansas and we found about a 1/2 ounce over 2 days. They were small nuggets but you could see them very well. Not fine gold, but not big gold either.

My grandfather and I were on a creek/river there and had a lot of fun.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Kioti said:

LOL  Interesting. I can now tell him Arkansas is full of flysh*t gold!

Reason I asked was he was looking for a hobby and I suggested a metal detector. Maybe he should look at coin hunting. 

That’s not a bad idea, that and other types of artifacts. Some guys are really into tolken hunting, The various bars and houses of  ill repute used to pass those out to their customers, sort of like the fake quarters you get  at the game places. And then there’s all the Civil War and other historic site buffs.

• Like 2