I'd have named this "Just the Artifacts #5", but again I found some coins (thanks GB 😁)

Today was a decent day for March but the wind was unpredictable. At least it got warm enough that I didn't have to wear heavy or electric clothes. I think I found my first "Zincoln", it's the heavily corroded memorial to the right of the unidentifiable penny.

Got another handle, again probably a razor. The large disc is gold plated, one side smooth and one has concentric circles. I'm thinking it was on a pocketbook or something. Small knurled ring that at first i thought was an Asian coin, but it is some sort of adjustment wheel. Much too small to be a coin. Odd lead "egg", a snap, another knurled knob.

Big brass padlock I can't find the manufacturer of. The artful logo brings no result on image search. Heavy spoon handle, two buckles, one appears to be plated. Penny, probably a wheatie, and the corroded penny. This field isn't too good for copper or Zinc!

Best for last again, a two piece button with the back missing says "Metropolitan Police DC". The small version of the Marine Corps buttons I've been finding, and the second four hole button I have ever found, "Lamm Baltimore". It's about ~1910, from a Baltimore company that made men's trousers and raincoats.

Hope this crazy stuff is still interesting! Anyone identifying the anchor over rope button in my previous post is welcome to visit. 😀

20210306_194954.jpg

20210306_203348.jpg

• Like 4

Another great hunt, and some nice finds.

The letters on the lock will get you the manufactures name. I just can't make it out for some reason so I can't help you much. I had seen one of those before in some of my grandfathers antiques, but it is gone now so I can't tell you who made it.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Valens Legacy said:

Another great hunt, and some nice finds.

The letters on the lock will get you the manufactures name. I just can't make it out for some reason so I can't help you much. I had seen one of those before in some of my grandfathers antiques, but it is gone now so I can't tell you who made it.

I used this photo in a reverse image search on Google. It brought up some Yale locks but nothing matching. Don't remember where but I've seen this one before...20210306_200555.thumb.jpg.3252b156d2498a78577b7255b616f545.jpg

Found it. Took a chance on the letters, it reads "TA". It's made by the Fraim Lock company. Great website for locks, I guess we find a lot of them:

http://antique-padlocks.com

ta_8503_tn.jpg

• Like 3

Great find on the information, Hope you find a place for it if you decide to clean it up.

• Like 1

That is very cool!  Love that lock F350P.  I have found a couple of Yale locks.. never one of these.  It is a beauty! ~Tim

• Like 1