New Nokta Pi Detector This Year?

Will Nokta get a pi detector this year? The first news I had that nokta would release a new pi detector was on this forum 2 years ago? This week I saw a similar story on a Russian website. Is there any new news that that will happen this year? I am interested in buying from Whites TDI sl after having sold mine 3 years ago so I don't know whether to wait, maybe several years or buy a TDI.

No news.  In fact, Nokta is not really teasing much of anything but accessories these days (scoops, shovels, Simplex coils).  The PI talk has all but dried up and they are being very vague on even a simultaneous multi frequency machine.  No timelines on that multi whatsoever and are only saying it will likely come out in the Simplex housing form factor. 

I would not hold your breath on the PI.  We don't even know whether it would be a targeted-use PI like the Fisher Impulse or general purpose,  waterproof or not, etc.  Plus, this would be Nokta's first PI, so it will likely need further refinements.  

• Like 1

I’ve been known to be wrong but I can’t remember when that was!

A while back it was said by Dilek that the company was expanding in a different field other than making metal detectors. They may have found out it’s more money in the other field that making detectors and we just became step children. Meaning what had been their first priority has just been put on the back burner.

Dilek if I’m wrong I’ll apologize ahead before you give me a tongue 👅 trashing.. I do want you to know I’ve been saving my pennies to buy that detector whatever it is . Plus my 98 year old mother this past week had been saving change in a piggy bank for me . She made me take it so now I have it to. So please hurry with that detector because money has a bad habit of burning a hole in my pocket.

The Best To You Dilek!

Chuck 

16 hours ago, Rhino said:

I am interested in buying from Whites TDI sl after having sold mine 3 years ago so I don't know whether to wait, maybe several years or buy a TDI.

Can you even find a new TDI of any variety?  (There's a used Pro on Ebay....  That model seems to be the one the purists prefer.  I think RNB makes lithium batteries for it.)

In the USA (with service centers) your choice for a new land based (meaning with ground balance circuitry) PI seems to be down to the heavyweight Garrett ATX and the Minelabs (soon-to-be-released GPX6000, SDC2300, and price-reduced GPX5000).

IMO, if you want/need a PI now, might as well get one.  Used is always an option in my book.  Life is too short to sit around and hope....

• Like 4

Yes they have Steve and I have one but due to a sick wife I haven’t got no further than my bathtub with it.

Chuck 

PS They call it your golden years but it’s nothing golden about it.

• Sad 1

22 hours ago, GB_Amateur said:

¿Puedes incluso encontrar un nuevo TDI de cualquier variedad? (Hay un Pro usado en Ebay ... Ese modelo parece ser el que prefieren los puristas. Creo que RNB fabrica baterías de litio para él).

En los EE. UU. (Con centros de servicio), su elección para un nuevo PI basado en tierra (es decir, con circuitos de balance de tierra) parece depender del peso pesado Garrett ATX y Minelabs (GPX6000, SDC2300 y precio que se lanzarán próximamente) GPX5000 reducido).

En mi opinión, si desea / necesita un PI ahora, también podría obtener uno. Usado es siempre una opción en mi libro. La vida es demasiado corta para sentarse y esperar ...

Yes, it makes no sense to wait for news that does not arrive, the presentation, the launch to the market, delays, several more years may pass.

We must continue to stimulate the economy, there is no other option.

• Like 2

• 5 weeks later...

Hello all! OK first off, as Steve said, we have already produced our first PI machine with the PulseDive. 

We are working on other PI machines - for gold prospecting and beach/underwater hunting. These will NOT be released this year though. 

Please understand that engineering, development and manufacturing is not as easy as it sounds (I have learned that myself after joining this company which has changed my whole view as a consumer). In addition, our priority of projects/products change based on market demand as we are a very consumer focused company. 

Btw, our other business HAS NO affect on our projects and/or timelines for our detector business. Detectors is our core business and will stay like that. Quall (our other company) has their own engineering team and they are not even sharing the same building with us.

Hope this helps.... love you all! 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2