Has Anyone Used The Fisher F5?

Its my understanding Fisher makes it specifically for metaldetectors.com now.

The F5 is probably my favorite detector behind the F75 LTD with DST.   I like it because the gain and threshold settings are independently adjustable.   It gave me the ability to hunt at very low gain settings with very high threshold settings with a weak target audio boost for very small jewelry targets at grassroots level.   Very effective at controlling coil footprint too.

The F5 also has a very unique overload feature.   You can place it in an overload condition and it will reset while still in the condition that caused the overload and essentially null the coil to the overload until you put it in motion again.   Very effective for large object masking.

It also has probably the largest ground balance range of any detector I know of.   It is one of the few metal detectors that I can ground balance spot on in my ground, to the point where a single point is perfectly balanced.   

The feature set is effective for most any kind of hunting.

I've posted lots of information about it.

I sold my last one to help fund my V3 purchase as I wanted to try and replicate the F5 with the V3.   Very hard to replicate the F5 and now that they have the 4" coil out for it I'll probably get another one this spring.

HH

Mike

• Like 3