First School Yard Hunt Since Leaving The Beach

Never hunted the Tar in mud before so I was a little off balance at the start.    Oh, the machine was ok but I was switching from handling pull tabs & rusty bottle caps to can slaw and such.     I was getting sucked in early on digging more trash than I should've.   About a half hour of that I got back into the game , found out where the nickels are, by moving slower threw the junk.  I hunted in all metal ,disc -2.   Wasn't long ,was getting fairly decent at calling the targets before digging.  I dug maybe 5 or 6 coins around seven inches.   So a junk ring, couple of MatchBook cars, 59 coins , nine nickels for around $6.29 .    I'm not the slickest guy swinging a coil, and this site had the goods and there's plenty left.    Today ended up a dunk shot and sure was fun.

• Like 5

At least you are getting out.  Might i recommend if you are AM hunting and reverse disc.... try disc at -30.   You are only using it to check targets not find them..... so i like the strong iron sound on shallower targets and on deeper ones thou a little more difficult you still get some iron tones mixed with high tones from wrap around.  Depending on how much junk working it could be more difficult than with say a multi tone machine especially if you dont want to mess up the landscaping.  Those coins werent deep so id hit it likely with my Nox first then came back with the MDT.  Coin shooting often includes you wanting to dig everything that aint iron.... that can be a lot of digging.  Sometimes pattern hunting an area.... for just say coins then coming back for a day of dig it all can be more rewarding.  Which coil were you using?

Ok Dew I'll try out -30            I was using the stock coil,       I been hitting a site with the Vista X first than come in with the Tar.  Got to say the stock coil is dead on for pinpointing.    Proberly the sharpest coil I've used.