Repairing Sun Ray Pro Gold Headphones

Have you used their repair facility?  Always had good work done by them.  Just a thought.  GaryC/Oregon Coast

• Like 2

4 hours ago, brogansown said:

I'm a bit of a tinkerer, so was just searching. 

This place should have everything that you might need, I use them for odd parts for when I am working on something.

https://www.newark.com/

• Like 1

Valens, they didn't have one.  I contacted Audiosears and part 2463 is available, but I have to order $100 worth of them.  So I ordered a new pair of SunRay Pro Headphones and will bid my time and put this old set in the pile of other repair stuff. Thanks guys.

Yeh.  I can take the one on the other side and use that.  Sadly my brother and I went detecting yesterday in the melting snow and the other headphones gave out on me.  I was 10 miles (or so it seemed) from the car, so I used the speaker on the Gold Bug 2.  Brother got a couple, but me none.  Today my new set arrived though.  And so it goes.

On 3/8/2021 at 12:22 PM, brogansown said:

Valens, they didn't have one.

Sorry about that, I have to measure the speakers and then find something that will fit the slot they sit into.

Sometimes I get lucky and other times it can't be done.

Good luck on your next pair.

I don't want to "beat a dead horse" here, but did want to share a tip for those who repair and use their headphones beyond there useful years.  When the oval earpads get really worn out, they can be revived by spraying a few coats of Plasti Dip rubberized compound on them. (Spray cans of Plasti Dip is used to rubber coat tools, cars, etc. for a durable coating.)

Was able to find an Audiosears 2463 speaker and when it gets here with get those SunRay Pro gold headphones up and working.

• Like 1