New Site Scouting, Relics And Coin

10 minutes ago, F350Platinum said:

I had a 30' motor yacht, caught huge Striped Bass, Spanish Mackerel, Atlantic Bass, Spot, Flounder and the occasional ray

NICE!!!  That is quite a hit list there!!  I can't even imagine fishing on the Potomac.  I am/was a bank fisherman... two feet firmly on the ground.  Salmon and Steelhead were my focus... trout, bass, crappie... on occasion, whatever would bite.  My grandpa owned a 25 footer... complained about keeping it up the whole time.  haha.  

• Haha 1

I have a pack canoe, 35 lbs, my sea hunter weighs 14% of that hahah. Nice little boat and plan to use it to access areas between priv properties along the puddles here. Just need the motivation...

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, kac said:

35 lbs, my sea hunter weighs 14%

😆

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, kac said:

I have a pack canoe, 35 lbs, my sea hunter weighs 14% of that hahah. Nice little boat and plan to use it to access areas between priv properties along the puddles here. Just need the motivation...

Gonna get my feet wet with waders first. Here you have to have a permit to search anything lower than low tide, or 10' out from a permission. They will issue them, costs $25. Of course If I was sitting in a kayak or Jon boat with my scoop... 🤔 

I'm out here right now, just saw a Coyote bigger'n a German Shepherd. They're kinda new to this area.

Is it cheaper to get a shellfish license and just sneak the detector along? 🙂

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kac said:

Is it cheaper to get a shellfish license and just sneak the detector along? 🙂

Fishing licenses are about $15, and depending on whether your water is brackish or not. There are places in the rivers where you have to have a fresh water license for one side of a bridge, and saltwater for the other, so $30. 🤪🙄

Not sure there is a shellfish license here, probably the watermen know. It's a big no-no to mess around in their pots or beds.

To complicate things further, if you find oyster shell middens you may be trampling on an "antiquities" area. 😵

• Oh my! 1

Sounds like more work than it's worth. New England is pretty forgiving if you can find any public land but we do have one town that doesn't allow any metal detecting yet the coin shop sells Garrett machines. Not sure how well that works for sales LOL.

• Haha 1