Gold Rush Relics From California Part 5

Outstanding finds! It's always a vicarious kick to see what you turn up in your site. I bet it's a blast to do this with family, wish some of mine would get the "bug".

Wow. 

• Like 1

Unbelievably its gets better every time!

The 1850s panel plate buckle is simply off the chart, rarest item so far. I only know of 1 other found in the foothills. Some will try and tell you it is militia related, it is not, they were available for purchase and worn by everyone from merchants to miners during gold rush. The is another panel plate with an eagle that is much more common, see the Bell book. The Bowie is also beyond spectacular. 

• Like 1

Thank you Eric.   I haven’t looked in the book yet. This place is crazy.  

Fantastic finds. Thank you for sharing. That’s an incredible site. I have come across a few placer workings with a half dozen or so chimneys around them in the foothills and a few up in the high country. I never paid enough attention to them as I was picking nugget crumbs around the workings. Definitely need to pay more attention to the relics. Love the finds. Keep them coming. 

• Like 1

Damn I look forward to you new posts!!! I used to have permission to hunt an 1850's and prior era site but didn't care about relics only gold nuggets. It was right in the middle of the gold rush area of California. Now, I wish I would have focused on the old stone homestead houses more! There were a bunch of them and there were a couple nobody knew were even there.

• Like 1

Wow.  just Wow!