Look At This Find Maybe You Can Tell Me If It Is A Meteorite

Hello,

I was out this weekend by Dollan Springs with my Gold Monster 1000 and came across this one speciman. I actually found 3-4 different ones, this one being the biggest. It is very attracted to magnet. 

I found the second one i have a picture of here but this one showed all gold. Two different times in two days. It is black tho on the outside. Both of them have weight to them and the small one actually weighed 24 grams. I have not weighed the big one yet but it did not show gold on the big one. 

Maybe anybody can have some answers. If they are Meteorite's. Then I found a nice area. 

I see the Franconia it was over a year before they found the second speciman. Where these I found with in two days and they were not all together.

Allen

Meteorite3.jpg

Meteorite2.jpg

Meteorite1.jpg

gold1.jpg

gold2.jpg

gold3.jpg

Allen,

Let me ask you a couple of questions. 

Have you gone up the road to Gold Basin and found any meteorites there?

Have you found any meteorites in Franconia?

Mitchel

It looks like magnetite to me. There's some tests you can do in the link below. A meteorite would generally have a melted look to the surface skin. If you have a gas torch heat some powder to red heat. If it cools to a red color and loses its magnetism it was magnetite and is now hematite.

https://meteorites.asu.edu/meteorites/how-can-i-find-a-meteorite