Please Help- Got Poison Oak

I spent some more time detecting at Miners Tip Gulch. Several targets were in the midst of poison oak roots. I knew this was risky but the lure of gold was too strong and now I'm paying the price. My left forearm is looking like raw hamburger pattys.

Does anyone know of any good remedies?

Technu doesn't do anything for me.

Poison oak sucks ....I have some to but its a mild rash. I figure its part of the job and the price we have to pay. But I also found those products don't help much so I don't use them. You may have a severe reaction best to go to the doc and get a shot. One thing I do before i go to sleep so i can sleep without the itch is take a hot shower. I sleep right thru the night, and than in morning same thing...for an itch free day. Also rub alcohol or vinegar so it dries out faster, typically a week and a half its gone. I know some of you may shreak to this idea, but seems to work for me. Good Luck !

Cortizone shot usually clears it up when it is bad... your's sounds like it is. gotta go to the doctor.

I'm one of those guys that goes ahead of others and breaks off the poison oak so others can get through.

I'll dig your gold for half....grin

You're reaction is to the oils that have come in contact with your skin. Wash gently and thoroughly and apply Calamine Lotion. While you are at the pharmacy ask the pharmacist for advice. If your reaction is severe or you need a quick fix, you will need to see the Doc and get some cortisone pills. The pills stop the histamines in your body  from reacting which allows the area to clean up easier and faster.

Dawn dish soap - nuff' said. Don't get the offbrand, luke warm shower water so your pores don't open - scrub and let sit and repeat. This will help it heal much faster. 

I deal with this stuff all the time.

I got it in my eye last month and the irritation fogged and blurred up my vision in one eye.  Its slowly getting better but that stuff is no joke. Fortunately I dont usually get it, but this time  I was taking some sinus medication that possibly interacted with the immune system. The oak is funny stuff.