Weight A Minute

Hello to all ,went back to the beach where i found the Gold ring 2 days ago i tried hard but nothing good came out except on this 2 Oz weight probably victoria 100m from the beach towards the sea.........what was it doing here not sure maybe from a fisherman scale......

Anyway as the finds were scarce i decided to push the MDT to the limit of stability so i crank up the sensitivity did another GB just in case

So :

AM

9khz

sens 9

Threshold -1

ST26

GB535 

So while it is chatty ,you will realise that the ID suffer variations on a non round target fluctuate a lot,BUT the depth is actually unreal on medium size targets like fishing weight i think 45 cm is the norm.I lll be interested to see what happen when you hit a silver or gold ring.......bear in mind it is also less fun as you got more ghost signals.

Anyway was worth trying

RR

thumbnail-4.thumb.jpg.9063d0c3a9ea4d937cc232afa79b3214.jpgthumbnail-5.thumb.jpg.ea3347f33f6511a212e88fd4e82950fd.jpg

• Like 5

Good write up with info.     The weight reminds me of a Chess piece.    I've found and believe I've read that the target  numbers change some depending on the  frec your using.    So like most machines it takes a lot of hunts under different conditions to understand.  (At least for me)

• Like 1

The machine reacts much like an Xcal.   Set the Xcal in disc in most cases you can only set it at 7 sensitivity before it becomes unstable..... but switch to AM and you can hunt very much like a PI with little to no recovery time.... it quieter and those falsing become easier to read.  YOu also can take advantage or running just out of AUTO.   Once the MDT coil gets in the water a good bit of that EMI looking screen jump changes too.  Gold tend to stay in that 5-6 range .... unlike say a pull tab or other aluminum.... if deep it will just into the 20s range .. high tone.  I run my GB here at 560 and salt at 30 most of the time.... and reverse disc with disc set at -30.  You get more POPS in AM than a disc tone which to me is easier just because most of the time thats minerals or iron flakes.   Its a learning process running this hot.  If im using the screen and i get some iron along with the high digits... say in the 26 range normally its aluminum or deep iron.   I will say..... no matter the machine you are using .... on a deep bottle cap that gives mixed tone most will at least check them.  You dig more..... but i at least have a comfortable feeling im not missing much.  Thats always my goal..... find the target.   THEN decide what it is.

• Like 1