Another Nice Nugget

Thanks for the details Steve.  It is a great looking nuggie.

What other gullies and benches have you missed there?  haha

Very nice 1/3 oz'er with the Zed.  The other one is even a bonus.  Just imagine how many little short washes get misses as the majority of us, stay in the bigger ones.  I myself prefer the benches vs the washes.  Thanks for sharing.

• Like 1

When I prospect an area, I draw little polygons around every wash I can see on Google Earth and then import that into BackCountry Navigator. At the end of the day I can see from my recorded tracks if I made it into every polygon (wash) that exists or if I need to track back and hit something. Then I'll annotate each wash polygon in Google Earth with basic notes at the end of each day with basic information like nugget weights/locations, general geology, and trash levels. 

Just one method to make sure all the washes are checked off the list. It's surprising how easy it is to miss some of them in rough country. And then when revisiting with new equipment years down the road it's easy to figure out which washes to go back to in order to concentrate on the best ones or the ones that had the deepest/smallest/whatever nuggets I am testing for.

• Like 5

Hey Condor, 

Boy does that bring back memories.  I can still remember that trip like it was yesterday.  I've been back several times, once when the GPZ 7000 first came out.  It was a good spot for sure, I took a nice handful of nuggets from just that one spot.  

Congrats on those beautiful finds, hope you find many more to come.  

Rob

Nice going Condor, some of those washes may be good for dry washing after the larger nuggets have been harvested.