Farmhouse Site Grid Search - Silver

Went back to the farmhouse site I scouted yesterday and set up a grid search. Dug a very odd button, no backmark. Appears to have had some sort of second piece but it's stamped on the back so the images show on the front. Crossed muskets or swords, a horn with an arrow coming out of it on the bottom, a sword that morphs into what looks like a snake, and I can distinctly make out the letter "B", but little else. Looks like there was another letter but it's obliterated. 

Found what I guess is a newer two-hole Scovill button, circle of dots on the front but nothing else. Small two hole button may be aluminum but it was a 23. Small shoe buckle, snap, D buckle, pewter piece (does anyone ever find a complete candlestick?), Harmonica reed.

Then the good stuff, 1857 Trime (solid 17), 1917 mercury dime, and 1907 Indian head - 3 7s again...Just got to the well, there is a lot more ground to cover! Dug a lot of trash today, you know you're on a home site when you fill your bag with stuff that sounds good but isn't.

20210309_180316.jpg

20210309_180044.jpg

20210309_180115.jpg

20210309_162642.jpg

• Like 9
  • Oh my! 1

Whoa! That Trime is Killer!  Nice find F350P!!!

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Tiftaaft said:

Whoa! That Trime is Killer!  Nice find F350P!!!

Is there a Trime club? 😀 Thanks. It was the first thing I dug this morning. I've found 4 wheats here, but it's good to find some silver!

• Like 1

The Trime is a bucket lister for sure.  You are killing it.   Great finds 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, CVISChris said:

The Trime is a bucket lister for sure.  You are killing it.   Great finds 

It came up as a weak 16-17 on the Equinox at first. 17 out of the ground. Only silver I've ever found here is Spanish, I thought I found another Real. I'd like to find some quarters! Chase got the only large silver so far. 😀 Shame the place that would have yielded the most got hunted out. Going to hit the river when they plant the fields, and I have a few places I can look that I haven't been to yet, a couple of early houses. Using maps and grid searching is the way to go if you have time.

3 minutes ago, kac said:

Trime has nice detail, sharper than the ones i found. Congrats!

Thanks. Learned to keep a small spray bottle of water with me for silver. Saves on scratches. This farm is rough on everything!

• Like 1

Trimes are fun, so thin and so easy to miss. Shows that you take your time and pay attention to the small stuff where most people will hear a chirp and keep on swinging.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, kac said:

Trimes are fun, so thin and so easy to miss. Shows that you take your time and pay attention to the small stuff where most people will hear a chirp and keep on swinging.

I stop on every chirp, especially ones that go up in tone. I'm using Field 2, 50 tones, all metal, sensitivity usually 22 unless I hear ground contours. F2=0. Just recently got the hang of ground balance 😀 the only time I use noise cancel is when someone else is around. Still not comfortable with turning off the horseshoe.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, F350Platinum said:

It came up as a weak 16-17 on the Equinox at first. 17 out of the ground. Only silver I've ever found here is Spanish, I thought I found another Real. I'd like to find some quarters! Chase got the only large silver so far. 😀 Shame the place that would have yielded the most got hunted out. Going to hit the river when they plant the fields, and I have a few places I can look that I haven't been to yet, a couple of early houses. Using maps and grid searching is the way to go if you have time.

The camp I’m at pre dates maps here. Mapping didn’t start till the 1880’s as far as I can tell.  I really enjoy your finds.  Keep it going.  

• Thanks 1