Farmhouse Site Grid Search - Silver

I try to run my machines as quiet as possible. My last trime I found with my Gold Racer in some really nasty iron natural iron riddled shoreline of local lake. Was using all metal and heard a nice short rise but the numbers were odd. Swapped it to disc1 that had imask on and was able to squeeze out an iffy 72 which is the bottom of the silver range.

Your full tones probably help a lot by blending the smaller targets that may normally bridge a couple of tones and sound like trash. I never ran a Deus but would thing it's full tone audio would be excellent for this sort of hunting.

• Like 1

Great finds and glad you found the 3 cent piece. When I dug one it was so hard to see that I almost missed it.

Glad I had my pinpointer to help find it out of the hole.

Good luck on your next hunt, and hope you find a gold coin soon.

• Thanks 1

You certainly paid your dues with the trash ratio.   Some of which is older age-indicators (ie.: "fun trash"). 

The utterly best sites are ones where all-human-influence stops by the late 1800s.  So then you're not bothered by aluminum, mechanical/automotive/electrical stuff, etc.....

Good job on the trime !   I think I've only ever found 2 of those on the west coast.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, CVISChris said:

The camp I’m at pre dates maps here. Mapping didn’t start till the 1880’s as far as I can tell.  I really enjoy your finds.  Keep it going.  

Thanks! The earliest map of this area online is a USGS topo 1917. It marks the position of houses at the time. Most were gone by the 60s but there are some older aerials. Got about 4 places to scout after this one. I use:

oldmapsonline.org

historicaerials.com

And the USGS viewer. Google Earth Pro is good too, but it only works on a laptop. They added a historical map feature. I'm trying to learn to use USGS LIDAR maps but it isn't easy. They show ground disturbance.

I "guesstimate" the plot I'm going to grid in Tect-O-Trak on my phone and set up flags. It tracks my coverage. Of course there's nothing like good old "land reading", I look for level rises.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, kac said:

Your full tones probably help a lot by blending the smaller targets that may normally bridge a couple of tones and sound like trash.

Using 50 tones on the Equinox works especially well for buttons that have an iron shank. If i get a loud non ferrous tone with a small iron tone I've usually found a button. When I don't use all metal the iron disappears. I guess it's a trade off. 50 tones also identifies aluminum cans well, you get a wide range of tones that makes it kinda obvious.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, abenson said:

Wow nice trime! I love finding those coins.

I guess that means you are in the Trime Club too Abenson.  I am feeling left out - sounds like elite membership

@GB_Amateur come on... I'm sure you are on this list too!!

Give @CVISChris a chance to post a 6th installment at his gold rush site, he will probably find two. 😉

Maybe the "elite" club is the one I'm in... not having found one  😂.  ... I know what my next goal is!! 😁 

~Tim

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Hey Trimes are almost an elite club, most of us are still out of the gold coin club 😞

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, kac said:

Hey Trimes are almost an elite club, most of us are still out of the gold coin club 😞

Thanks for reminding me KAC 😞 

😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 2