Pocket Full Of Kryptonite (pennies)

Warm enough to hunt in a T-shirt today. Farmhouse Grid search day 2. Dug a couple of buckles and what I thought were cufflinks, but yeah that's just a rivet. 😵 Little gear or saw blade, some sort of brass bead but it's not hollow. Really fancy spoon handle says Sterling on the bent piece. The large rectangle may be silver, it sure sounds like it and it's heavy. Two more of those aluminum buttons flanking a really heavy colonial brass button that appears to have been silverplated, it has a backmark but it's obliterated.

I think I found the clothesline, kept turning up Indian Head after Indian head, and then one wheat penny. Dates: 1864, 18?5 (who would drill a coin through the date), 1887, 1890, 1901, 1907. The wheat is 1910.

I really like the green color Indian heads have when they come out of the ground.

Spoon reverse in the second photo. Fancy!

20210310_191235.jpg

20210310_191343.jpg

• Like 9
  • Oh my! 1

F350 you need to slow it down!  I can’t keep up.  I see coin books and a curio cabinet in your future.   Awesome hunt.  

• Haha 2

Great Hunt F350P!! What range were those IHP's?  (TID and depth)? 

• Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, CVISChris said:

F350 you need to slow it down!  I can’t keep up.  I see coin books and a curio cabinet in your future.   Awesome hunt.  

Thanks Chris. I'll be taking a couple of days off to get my RV in shape for the season. I'm trying to beat the farmers - I've been out every day it was warm enough since last August. Really kicked in when I retired in October, and got my first permission.

I'm doing the display case thing for now. Photo below is 7 months of work in this area minus the stuff that won't fit. Finds run from the mid 1600s to late 1900.

I expect the farmers to be out here this week, it's going to rain all next week. May hit the farmhouse one more time before it rains. But after that it's off to the beach! 😀

Uh, yes, I plan to bring the Equinox with me. 😈

20210310_195108.jpg

• Like 9

20 minutes ago, Tiftaaft said:

Great Hunt F350P!! What range were those IHP's?  (TID and depth)? 

Glad you asked. I keep a record in Tect-O-Trak, photo, description, and ID. Sadly no depth. Might start doing that. 🤔

Unfortunately it's not that simple, though.

IDs on the Equinox for Indian heads run from 16-23, the majority are 20-22. I've found that they go all over the place at first, but most of my measurements are taken out of ground when recording the find. Mangled salt-eaten Indians are 15.

Depth varies, I've been finding most of them 4-8", but a couple were really deep, like 12".

Wheat Pennies run from 20-24, and are usually a strong solid tone. Haven't found any in the river, I assume they don't survive the brackish water with farm runoff.

• Like 2

Really nice display of items.  Pretty darned impressive!!

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, F350Platinum said:

Glad you asked. I keep a record in Tect-O-Trak, photo, description, and ID.

Thanks... That is helpful.  I have Tect-O-Trak, but I am usually too dirty to navigate my phone screen mid-hunt.  haha.  I need to be better about utilizing the tool to track.  My IHP's seem to have come in below 20, but @GB_Amateursaid essentially the same as you... most come in around 20.  I have a site that I'm trying to target IHP's and I'm never sure how low to mentally disc when I'm hunting... but basically I let the depth make the decision for me.  I have a nice collection of rusty iron as a result. 🙂

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Tiftaaft said:

IHP's and I'm never sure how low to mentally disc when I'm hunting... but basically I let the depth make the decision for me.  I have a nice collection of rusty iron as a result. 🙂

Well, GB is your best bet, and somea the other members that do a lot of testing.

IHPs are weird, I get a symphony at first when I find one, but the 20-22 usually indicates my success. Heard it a lot today. A couple were 18-19.

I dug a few spikes today until I started using 4khz to check. It seemed to work on other trash too, but because of the Trime I went after any and all pull tabs. 😵

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Tiftaaft said:

Thanks... That is helpful.  I have Tect-O-Trak, but I am usually too dirty to navigate my phone screen mid-hunt.  🙂

I wear gloves most of the time, have to take them off to use the phone. I have a great leather folio case for the Galaxy, No matter what I do it seems to keep the phone together.

Tect-O-Trak has been really good for my grid searches, at least when it works well. Shows coverage and find locations, all re-visitable by GPS. Details omitted but this shows what I did the last two days.

Screenshot_20210310-203734_Tect O Trak.jpg

• Like 2
  • Oh my! 1