I'm Hoping A Gpx-6000 Can Find This Type Of Gold Better Than..

Sell, use the money to buy land or pay off a bit of bills/debt/house. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, ChuckScrivener said:

if need be that kind of finely shot gold would look good slabbed. That quartz and gold jewelry is hard to come by. 

I agree that kind of gold is my main reason for interest in the 6000. That or the ability to pick up 1 gram nuggets at a greater depth. I imagine there are more than 31 nuggets of a gram or less at 6 inches past the old technology sitting in old patches than one ouncers 6 inches deeper. I don’t know if that makes sense but I’d love a detector that really goes deeper on the bread and butter nuggets. 

One concern I have is the lack of iron discrimination. Did that specimen come from those famous Idaho tailings? I believe with no discrimination that would be a tough hunt in dredge piles. I love GPX discrimination even as imperfect as it is. 

Yes the value if slabbed could bring a petty penny over time.

I too, am a guy who uses DISC on my GPX-5000 and VLF's more than most folks.  Sure they can dig it all, but hunt some of my sites and you'll never get 30 feet in a day.  I'm happy with my style and success rate, but at the same time I am always looking for a detector or settings, style, tool that will even provide me with more Success.

• Like 5

I try to never get too excited over the other guys gold, much more thrilling to have it my own hands. Thats the real issue,

getting it I'm my hands! just remember, they aren't making it any more!! Ausome

BTW Gerry; my new EQ 800 isn't very good at melting snow!

• Haha 1

Perchance I ever found a specimen like that beauty here it would be a keeper. Unfortunately I only ever seem to get the ugly sisters worthy only of the dolly pot.

Sort of like how my dating goes🤨

• Haha 7

I think by slabbing it, you would get more money out of it...But then you might have to wait for multiple buyers.

If quick money is the goal... off to the ball mill. 😁

• Like 1

Gerry:

VERY nice specimen.  If it were mine I would NOT crush it.  And if I were to slab it, I would use a very thin kerf saw blade to minimize rock loss.  By the way, did you find that beauty with a PI or VLF machine?

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Gerry in Idaho said:

Yes the value if slabbed could bring a petty penny over time.

I will buy the first slab from you, to make myself a pendant, and maybe one for my girlfriend.

Let me know what you want to do with it.

I am sure there are others on here that would be interested also.

Figure out how many slabs you can get from it, and see how many people here would be will to buy one and then decide which way you want to do it.

• Like 3