I'm Hoping A Gpx-6000 Can Find This Type Of Gold Better Than..

52 minutes ago, Jonathan Porter said:

You’re a shocker m8 😂 

😏

I really hope Gerry smashes it... I get all tingly inside with the first blow of the hammer every time🥰

I also love the pour...

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Valens Legacy – I agree, slabbing could be the ultimate cash cow, if one wants to take the time.

Gold Hound – Yes many pieces and chunks have been crushed throughout our lives, but then we don’t get to pass on the natural beauty and or see what potentials if could bring if acid or slabbed or left on a small turn table in a museum?  Yes the fast cash would mean a smashing, but I feel that is last resort.

Matt – You do bring up some points, but I could just as easily smash the smaller ones and end up with a gold bar, while still keeping the bigger skull type looking gold.ArtL.thumb.jpg.02f9b0827a9089165334a9418f4c974c.jpg

Swegin – I think there are a few sophisticated types who would in fact enjoy it sitting on their office desk.  Or in a museum on a turn table.

Joe D. – Agreed and it won’t happen while I’m the owner.

NV-OR-ID-CAL-AU – I’m more of a keep it natural kind of guy myself.  Yes there will be a time when it goes for sale and at that time the decision will be made and options weighed.  I have seen some great pieces from OR that when acid etched, turned museum quality.

• Like 4

Reminds me of an old physics joke (which might actually be a true story).

Students were given a written exam, and one of the questions was:  you're provided with an accurate scale, a calibrated weight, and have access to the top of a skyscraper.  How do you determine the height of the building?

A couple of the answers:

1) Go to the roof, toss the scale off, and time how long it takes to get smashed to smithereens.

2) Pawn the scale and bribe the building super to tell you how tall the building is.

Both answers received full credit.

Oh, but you want my answer to your question?  (Too late to say 'no'.)  Take the specimen to your 3 day detecting class and show the students that the detectors they brought won't pick it up.  When you then show them the detector that does sound off you'll make more in sales than the specimen is worth (and still get to keep it)!

• Like 5
  • Haha 1
  • Thanks 1

On 3/10/2021 at 8:47 PM, Gerry in Idaho said:

Oh  would you crush it or keep it?

Keep it Gerry. You will soon be selling lots of 6000's, so no need for the money 😜

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Depends on your age and financial position,  if your young/mid age it will only go up in value, compare what its weight of gold would buy say 20 years back to the same item today thus it is a top investment, so only crush if you need the $s. if your on a bit age wise crush and enjoy the $s, maybe a big plus to crushing is once it`s gone you`ll have to find its mate to replace, spur you on a wee bit. If still undecided just send it to me, I`ll suffer that quandary 😉

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

Gold is worth about the same today as it was worth 10 years ago when I started selling everything I found, it was $1400ish then and about 1700ish now. Wasn't worth holding. 

Meanwhile the S&P 500 is up almost quadruple and home prices in some areas (Vegas, Phoenix, etc) have quadrupled or quintupled since 2010 or so when houses were selling for $75k are now selling for $300k+. I've watch land prices around places like Prescott go from $40k to $300k over that same roughly decade period too.

Gold is a pretty poor investment IMO. We'll see what the future holds I guess.

• Like 7

30 minutes ago, jasong said:

Gold is a pretty poor investment IMO. We'll see what the future holds I guess

It depends on what the objective of the investment is. Gold is an excellent asset for wealth preservation, not for aggressive growth. 

• Like 4

Gold as an investment is relative to age, if you go back 20 plus years history shows it is wise to hold, if you go back further as I do to when it was $65/oz to todays $2600+/oz (AU) tis a stellar investment. But that is for my era and whether that pans out for the younger generations as Jasong says time will tell. Tis like all our perspectives and attitudes, governed mainly by time. If it doesn`t hurt have a few golden eggs in your basket. 

• Like 1

Agreed Norvic. Gold is hoarded by countries and all major banks for one reason alone: insurance against the cyclic downturn of high flying assets and against fiat currency devaluation. Also, that fact that it is a physical asset with limited supply, rather than just an encoded crypto value-play, is almost a guarantee for wealth preservation, doesn't matter what happens to the markets or mankind for that matter...Unless of course the definition changes and gold is deemed worthless. Highly unlikely in my view!

• Like 2

Preservation of wealth, Yes, but no interest made and painfully slow gains in value.  Love to look for the stuff, but what a waste of an investment. Maybe the price will be allowed to pop one day and we are looking at 5000 oz gold, but I imagine everything else will be at inflated costs

• Like 1