I'm Hoping A Gpx-6000 Can Find This Type Of Gold Better Than..

2 hours ago, Norvic said:

Gold as an investment is relative to age, if you go back 20 plus years history shows it is wise to hold, if you go back further as I do to when it was $65/oz to todays $2600+/oz (AU) tis a stellar investment. But that is for my era and whether that pans out for the younger generations as Jasong says time will tell. Tis like all our perspectives and attitudes, governed mainly by time. If it doesn`t hurt have a few golden eggs in your basket. 

Back in those days home loans hit 17.5% and Vietnam Vet in Aus had loans of 4.5% at the moment House loans are down to less than half of Vet House loans .As the "10% doubles every 7.5 years or 7.5% doubles every 10 years" RULE it would pay to remove debts during high interest rates and buy gold during low interest, that is common sense (or is it uncommon sense🤔) . BUT OUR GOLD has emotional VALVE.😍 

• Like 4

One thing never changes.....an ounce of gold is always an ounce of gold.

The way I like to see it is back when gold was say $30-35 an ounce a pickup cost approximately 30 ounces.  Today with gold at $1700-1800 an ounce a pickup costs about 30 ounces.  Nothing has changed except the ever falling value of the phony fake paper bills everybody basis gold "value" against????   

GOLD...the great hedge......   JMO

• Like 4

Gerry,

You have a piece of Crypto Gold there.  Just think of how long it would take to make it or the energy it would take to mine like Bitcoin.  Someone needs to tie the uniqueness of a nugget to a trading value so that many of these nuggets are preserved.  I think they've started doing that with some of the meteorites.

Now the detector ... when you get your 6000 you are going to be an Easy Expert Minelab says!

https://www.minelab.com/gpx6000 

• Haha 5

I understand all that technical stuff ,,, my translation of the sales line.

Your experience will be gained through osmosis.

You merely have to turn it on and bathe in the light of the backlit screen.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

jasong - That would be the most wise decision for the majority.  I kind of like to take that money and buy more detectors to sell.  Invest it back into my business and for another trip/adventure.

GoldTree - I'm not much of a crusher, but when I do, it's usually the ugly kind that hang around Madtuna.

Madtuna - If dating ugly and gold nuggets are both going home with you.  Hey...you're doing better than most.  I think most guys would take your odds.

okara gold - Yes I agree the slabbing is worth most $$$ but the time spent trying to get top dollar could be used for other things. Or just stick a blow torch to it.....and be over with.  Good options to own.

Cascade Steven - Thanks for the nice words.  I'm not an expert at selling or cutting so when that time comes, I usually let the experts handle it.  Was found with a VLF by my customer.

Valens Legacy - I appreciate your interest, but would not want people to commit until we see the finished product.  I have heard of a few horror stories when slabbing.  I think it's kind like cutting a thunder egg (rock) and hoping its full of pretty crystals when done, but sometimes it's nothing fancy.  

Jonathan Porter - Gold Hound would be laughing the whole time.  It's a different feeling for the owner vs the spectator.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Gerry in Idaho said:

GoldTree - I'm not much of a crusher, but when I do, it's usually the ugly kind that hang around Madtuna.

🤯🤣 ...dear God...

• Haha 1

On 3/12/2021 at 8:58 AM, GB_Amateur said:

Take the specimen to your 3 day detecting class and show the students that the detectors they brought won't pick it up.  When you then show them the detector that does sound off you'll make more in sales than the specimen is worth (and still get to keep it)!

Hearing me tell folks, they high dollar detector misses many kinds of gold is easy to ...yea whatever.

Showing folks how their detector misses all those kinds of gold... is an eye opening.

What you do with the knowledge learned is up to you, I'm just the teacher helping students understand gold is not just gold and the different detectors are needed.

Glad you were able to learn and most importantly...remember.

Gold Catcher - I don't have as may Pre Sales Customers as I had expected?  Maybe the stimulus checks will help.

Norvic - It is quite a decision to it's final fate.  I thought about sending it to yo then realized you're in Australia.  Plus I hate to pass on such stressful thoughts of its demise to a friend.

WesD & jason - I don't think at all the pursuit of.. and or gold itself is a waste of investment.  It's an occasional detector purchase, outdoor breathing, free exercise and workout, comradery with your friends who enjoy doing the same thing.  The gold we find has value...if we decide to sell it.  It has memories of the trips and adventures in trying to collect it.  No matter what country you find yourself in, an few grams of gold is supplies, food...life.  

As a hobby, I have fished, hunted, bowling, archery, coin detecting.  I did all those for 40+ yrs and for many of the same reasons I mentioned above.  Only the coins/artifacts of detecting have a value I can sell today and get cash.  In the last 20 yrs, I have found 100X more value I can cash than even my only coins, in half the time.

I feel nugget hunting has been the best investment for all the hobbies I have ever done and the returns are worth more than all the others combined.

No, it's not like real-estate, the stock market for most people but those require the person to have a good chunk of change to get involved, for the average individual.

Yes my property has went up in value, just like everyone else.  It took a big chunk of money and a loan and paid interest to get that far.  The average Joe is only going to have 1 or 2 chances of those purchases in a lifetime, when in fact many people can afford the detector and pursuit of gold.  Or we could hang out at the local pub and drink/drink our hard earned wages away and have nothing but a headache in the morning?  I'll stick with detector in hand instead of a beer.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Gerry in Idaho said:

I have heard of a few horror stories when slabbing.  I think it's kind like cutting a thunder egg (rock) and hoping its full of pretty crystals when done, but sometimes it's nothing fancy.  

If the process is done correctly it has a 85% chance of not breaking up. Grandfather done it in the past with a piece he had found, and said he had to keep it cold when cutting through it.

They tend to explode when the temp gets to high most of the time, and I can understand what you are saying.

Grandfather had several slabs done, but the best he had were done using a water cutting system. Then they were finished and polished.

Good luck on your decision, and I hope it turns out the way is best for you.

• Like 1

On 3/13/2021 at 12:06 AM, mn90403 said:

Gerry,

Now the detector ... when you get your 6000 you are going to be an Easy Expert Minelab says!

https://www.minelab.com/gpx6000 

Heck,  I think my Training Trips and Sessions are going to be obsolete?  We thought that with the GPZ-7000, but still lived on.  Only time will tell.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1