I'm Hoping A Gpx-6000 Can Find This Type Of Gold Better Than..

On 3/16/2021 at 2:17 PM, Gerry in Idaho said:

Norvic - It is quite a decision to it's final fate.  I thought about sending it to yo then realized you're in Australia.  Plus I hate to pass on such stressful thoughts of its demise to a friend.

Let`s cut to the chase, send a 6000, that`s about what that golden eggs fate would be downunder, that`ll remove all stress ............... 😁 Crikey even us old codgers are hyped up at the prospect of becoming Easy Experts, plus once it`s been crushed we`ll only argue about whether the 6000 could find the golden egg. Definitely keep it and send a 6000...........😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, Gerry in Idaho said:

Heck,  I think my Training Trips and Sessions are going to be obsolete?  We thought that with the GPZ-7000, but still lived on.  Only time will tell.

I think your training (re-training) will be for more 7000s to make it sound like the 6000 and have them immulate the new detector.  You can tell people that they can pay for a training on their 7000 and you will give them full credit towards the purchase of a 6000!  Of course you will have 6000s at the training sessions that will show its superior handling of the Rye Patch ground.

Hurry folks ... the final cleanup of Rye Patch is upon us.

😇

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, mn90403 said:

Hurry folks ... the final cleanup of Rye Patch is upon us.

Don't say these horrible things......I am just in the process of filing a claim at RP 😉

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Gerry in Idaho said:

Heck,  I think my Training Trips and Sessions are going to be obsolete?  We thought that with the GPZ-7000, but still lived on.  Only time will tell.

Training trips and Sessions are not obsolete! I have found gold with every detector I have ever purchased.  Gold doesn't always have to be yellow...finding great people to share a common passion with can be worth more than the value of gold.

• Like 6

On 3/15/2021 at 9:17 PM, Gerry in Idaho said:

WesD & jason - I don't think at all the pursuit of.. and or gold itself is a waste of investment.  It's an occasional detector purchase, outdoor breathing, free exercise and workout, comradery with your friends who enjoy doing the same thing.  The gold we find has value...if we decide to sell it.  It has memories of the trips and adventures in trying to collect it.  No matter what country you find yourself in, an few grams of gold is supplies, food...life.  

As a hobby, I have fished, hunted, bowling, archery, coin detecting.  I did all those for 40+ yrs and for many of the same reasons I mentioned above.  Only the coins/artifacts of detecting have a value I can sell today and get cash.  In the last 20 yrs, I have found 100X more value I can cash than even my only coins, in half the time.

I feel nugget hunting has been the best investment for all the hobbies I have ever done and the returns are worth more than all the others combined.

No, it's not like real-estate, the stock market for most people but those require the person to have a good chunk of change to get involved, for the average individual.

Yes my property has went up in value, just like everyone else.  It took a big chunk of money and a loan and paid interest to get that far.  The average Joe is only going to have 1 or 2 chances of those purchases in a lifetime, when in fact many people can afford the detector and pursuit of gold.  Or we could hang out at the local pub and drink/drink our hard earned wages away and have nothing but a headache in the morning?  I'll stick with detector in hand instead of a beer.

Most of the wealthiest people on earth became rich because of real estate. The best investment you can make is purchasing your first home. Buy the worst house in the best neighborhood you can afford. Sweat equity and paying off debt as quickly as possible can change your life. Once you can live debt free you can...(insert dream here)...the possibilities are endless...

Set high goals for success, beat those goals, have fun doing it.

• Like 2

Plus, a house you can sell tax free after you've lived in it for 2 years. 

Gold has a 28% capital asset tax after 1 year, wether it's coins or nuggets. It's ineligible for the 15% long term capital gain tax. Which is another reason I find gold to be a poor investment and not a particularly effective inflation hedge. It's more effective to sell it when you find it and thus tax it as ordinary income, or operate prospecting as a business, write off tools like detectors as a business expense, and then use gold to pay down debt on prospecting tools/equipment or buy real estate.

• Like 5

Gerry, Finding gold and selling it is one thing, but for an investment purpose of increasing future wealth, its just been a poor performer.  It can sit in the bank for years and little is gained. Otherwise I totally  agree with all you said! There are few things as enjoyable as being out there chasing it.

• Like 2