Return To The Silver Patch - GPX On Fire

Fantastic George!  I'm sure you already have your next visit in mind.

• Like 1

Great hunt! I really the horse.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mn90403 said:

Fantastic George!  I'm sure you already have your next visit in mind.

Thanks, I may have to cancel work and play hooky before next Thursday 😄

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, Rick N. MI said:

Great hunt! I really the horse.

Found that headless horseman. 😲 Wonder how old it really is? 40's 50's?

Tremendous amount of digging again, and a nice cross section of finds! I hope all the silver cleans up well! That area has obviously seen it's share of people over many years! I'm also happy for your sake, that they don't replenish the sand like they do here ever year! I wonder if other's have found your spot, and recovered as much! Keep at it!!👍👍

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Joe D. said:

Tremendous amount of digging again, and a nice cross section of finds! I hope all the silver cleans up well! That area has obviously seen it's share of people over many years! I'm also happy for your sake, that they don't replenish the sand like they do here ever year! I wonder if other's have found your spot, and recovered as much! Keep at it!!👍👍

Thanks. Silver in this condition sometimes cleans up well. You can get it clean, but the damage is exposed once the black is gone. The worst ones are the ones that have the thick black crust.  A lot of the detail is lost, once the black layer is removed. They sometimes do push sand up the beach for opening day, but after a couple of bigger storms, they are back where they started. I don't think anyone has hit this spot, and unless they have a pulse machine, I'm not too worried. Coins are still in the 12-15" range. Even if they hear some of these signals, they would probably be so sketchy or read as iron, that they pass on them. EMI makes them hard to discern from false signals. But even on the GPX, with max settings, they are faint. The hardest part of hunting like this, is locating an area that has just the right amount of sand removed. Too little removed and I can't hear them, too much removed and everybody can hear them. This is the 4th time I have found an area like this. You have to hit it strong until it's either empty or it closes up. I'm just shocked that there is very little gold but a lot of lead and nickels. 🥴

That's a real nice hunt. Love all the old coins and the coin to junk ratio is real good too. Have you thought about bringing your AQ into that area to see if it can find anything deeper or perhaps gold? It seems you're already digging the iron targets so it could be interesting. Also... I learned some good lessons the hard way... work will always be there, but the window of opportunity for an exciting hunt can close fast. Thanks for showing the goodies!

• Like 1

Couple things, You Killed the Silver! Wow!

8 hours... You killed that too!! Wow!! I can bet you slept well...

Crazy you found no gold, that is a lot of silver...Is there some type of pattern to where the coin lay..is there Iron in that mix..?

Here, if I'm finding silver or brass .....gold is near..iron can be just in spots...... in that mix..like something broke up and now is within a few feet radius. 

Has to be gold soon! Good Luck!

• Like 1