Return To The Silver Patch - GPX On Fire

10 hours ago, okara gold said:

That's a real nice hunt. Love all the old coins and the coin to junk ratio is real good too. Have you thought about bringing your AQ into that area to see if it can find anything deeper or perhaps gold? It seems you're already digging the iron targets so it could be interesting. Also... I learned some good lessons the hard way... work will always be there, but the window of opportunity for an exciting hunt can close fast. Thanks for showing the goodies!

Thanks. This spot has produced about 110 silvers in 6 or 7 hunts I think🤔. As soon as my headphones are fixed for the AQ, I'm bringing it out there to see what it can find. I'm going to really hunt it hard before that, just to see if the AQ finds anything after the GPX is done with that spot. There is a bit of EMI there that the GPX responds to, so it will be interesting to try the AQ, which handles EMI much better.

2 hours ago, Joe Beechnut OBN said:

Couple things, You Killed the Silver! Wow!

8 hours... You killed that too!! Wow!! I can bet you slept well...

Crazy you found no gold, that is a lot of silver...Is there some type of pattern to where the coin lay..is there Iron in that mix..?

Here, if I'm finding silver or brass .....gold is near..iron can be just in spots...... in that mix..like something broke up and now is within a few feet radius. 

Has to be gold soon! Good Luck!

I sleep well after every hunt 😆 It's odd that there is no gold there. With all those silver and copper coins found, I'm sure it's untouched territory. The only explanation for no gold I can think of, is that it is still deeper. Maybe that AQ can get some deeper layers. I'll try 7 us, 0 ATS, sens 7, all metal - if that doesn't do it, then I don't know what will 😐 There is a pattern to those coins as far as the types of sand layers I cut through to get to them. They are about 12-15" deep and come in after I get to a crunchy layer of very small pebbles. I have yet to hit clay though. That is where I think the gold is hiding, just beyond my reach. There is also a fair amount of iron and I've dug a lot of it. Should be easier next time out. Actually, I can't wait, so I shifted work so I can go out there this Monday 😏 I'm not patient enough to wait!

29 minutes ago, Steve Herschbach said:

Incredible finds! I really enjoy seeing the GPX used for things other than nugget detecting. keep up the great work! :smile:

Thanks Steve. I know it's meant to be a gold machine but it smokes on the beach!! The GPX is a solid, well engineered, masterpiece for the type of relic and beach hunting I do. If they only improved the EMI I would gladly buy that version.

• Like 5

12 hours ago, schoolofhardNox said:

hardest part of hunting like this, is locating an area that has just the right amount of sand removed. Too little removed and I can't hear them, too much removed and everybody can hear them. This is the 4th time I have found an area like this.

If this beach is fairly close to you, I would think you could keep tabs on it! Seems like few if any others are getting the depth, like you said! And you have been cleaning out progressive depths! Just a matter of time till you hit gold! Again, probably will be overlooked by the average Joe without a deep seeker or the trained ears you have! I hope it stays safe till it is all found by you! You've put in the time there, and earned your way to get the golden reward!!👍👍

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Joe D. said:

If this beach is fairly close to you, I would think you could keep tabs on it! Seems like few if any others are getting the depth, like you said! And you have been cleaning out progressive depths! Just a matter of time till you hit gold! Again, probably will be overlooked by the average Joe without a deep seeker or the trained ears you have! I hope it stays safe till it is all found by you! You've put in the time there, and earned your way to get the golden reward!!👍👍

Unfortunately it is not close to me, about 2 hours away (2 1/2 now since the police are doing a lot of radar recently 😄)I've got some new ideas on how to try and get the deep gold, that I will try out tomorrow if I go there. If they work, you will never hear of them 😉 but you will see the results. Although I would love to hit some gold, I'm really enjoying the silver ride, so not finding gold is ok with me.

9 hours ago, MSC said:

Amazing finds, so glad you are having success with the 5000. 

Thanks. Every manufacturer at some point produces a well thought out, killer machine. That was Minelabs moment. There other machines are all excellent for what they do, but the 5000 is the most versatile of the bunch, at least for what I do.

34 minutes ago, Jim in ma said:

Nice haul George

That is a staggering amount of digging.🏋️‍♀️

All that digging seemed like a good idea at the time 😅. I actually enjoy the exercise and I just take it easy the next day, so I can recover. I have to do something to try and stay young. I'm hoping I have another 10 years of decent detecting before I have to concede. You never know when it's over, so make the best of every hunt, even if it's only an hour or 2.

• Like 2

I'd be tempted to remove about a foot or two of sand in a 10' X 10' hot zone area to see what gold or other heavies might be down deep. Are you allowed to use a dredge on the beach? 🤔

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, cudamark said:

I'd be tempted to remove about a foot or two of sand in a 10' X 10' hot zone area to see what gold or other heavies might be down deep. Are you allowed to use a dredge on the beach? 🤔

Oh no.... no dredging the beach....they shoot ya!😄 So far, mother nature has removed enough sand to make it fun. Now if I could only get her to do it again, then the gold has to show up. I just found out for tomorrow's hunt it is going to be 19 degrees with a 17MPH NNW wind. That should make it interesting. 🥶

• Like 1
  • Oh my! 1