Return To The Silver Patch - GPX On Fire

1 minute ago, Tom_in_CA said:

You are sick.Β  Sick sick sick .

πŸ˜„ I have silver fever...... that's the equivalent of gold fever on a budget! Us east coast guys don't get enough of that gold, so we have to substitute.

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

Β  Β I say pull out the snow blower to your beach, and get down a foot or two! I bet that there areΒ no snow blower rules on the books!! Yet!πŸ€£πŸ‘πŸ‘

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

40 minutes ago, Joe D. said:

Β  Β I say pull out the snow blower to your beach, and get down a foot or two! I bet that there is no snow blower rules on the books!!πŸ€£πŸ‘πŸ‘

You're on to something Joe. I will let you know how it goes. Start a go fund me page so I can get out of jail.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, schoolofhardNox said:

πŸ˜„ I have silver fever...... that's the equivalent of gold fever on a budget! Us east coast guys don't get enough of that gold, so we have to substitute.

I have a beach inΒ  RochesterΒ  where i used the Infinium to go forΒ  Β silver coins on the westΒ  Β end in theΒ  Β spring because the wind blew some sand away . The best i could do was 4 in a day and under 35 total which is what you did inΒ  only one day.IΒ  Imagine if you used your Gpx here you would beΒ  able to squeeze out more.Here you can findΒ  Barbers because sometimes the clean up guy wouldΒ  digΒ  up sand and putΒ  them near theΒ  surface.There is aΒ  lot of sand here andΒ  I have never found a silver coin in the water. I love that you are cleaning up with a gold machine on silver coins. I reallyΒ  Β didΒ  enjoyΒ  using my PI to go for silver on theΒ  Β  dry sand.I would like to see your final tally for the year.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, schoolofhardNox said:

I just found out for tomorrow's hunt it is going to be 19 degrees with a 17MPH NNW wind. That should make it interesting.

I heard a rumor Jeff McClendon was seen late this afternoon detecting a Denver park.Β  We Eastern USA detectorists are counting on you to show him up.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

There was multiple beach jetties put in, along southern CA beaches, back in the 1940s & 1950s.Β Β  To "trap" sand, in order to stem beach erosion or whatever.Β Β Β  And some put in to protect harbor entrances, etc....Β Β Β  As the sand backs up, and the beaches got wider and wider, this meant that even WHOPPER storm erosion would never reach back to the cliffs again.Β Β  And therefore some of the high-dry sand has never seen wet-salt since the 1940s & 50s.

Β 

An enterprising So. CA guy that I knew of, figured out that there was SUPER deep silver coins (albeit just whatever was in circulation back in the 1940s/50s), that were beyond the reach of regular machines.Β Β  Since the coins tended to sink down till they got to a firmer hard-packed layer, about 1.5 ft. down.Β Β  So he took a high-powered GPX nugget machine there (which, as you know, can get a coin to nearly 2 ft. deep), and started getting silver coins & wheaties that way.Β Β  Lot of hard work, but he eventually mined 100+ silver coins from these stretches doing this trick.Β Β Β  The reason it was a lot of hard work, is that unfortunately, using a high-powered nugget machine like that, then naturally every single little foil-turd will ALSO "ring the bells of Notre Dame" too,Β Β  πŸ€ͺ

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Ahhh yes,

Β  The dry land version of the prop wash nozzles that the salvage guys use on the Treasure Coast!

Β  Β I say damn the rules, and go full "Gold Rush" on theΒ beaches! I can make any old beach produce with this!! I promise to fill my holes when I'm done!πŸ˜πŸ‘πŸ‘

20210315_183559.jpg

• Like 1