Does Anyone Else Dig With Their Scoop?

Lunk

Lunk

I’m more a coin hunter than nugget hunter due to my location but yes I do use a scoop. I’ll use something metal to dig with at first say just to break the ground but after that it’s the scoop doing the work.

All it takes is just one time damaging the face of a find of a life time and after that that scoop will come out every time.

What’s really bad when you’re bye yourself and you don’t have someone to kick your butt for you.

Chuck 

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

you got your moneys worth outta that scoop......!!!!!

• Like 1

Lunk,

You would find more gold if you weren't so careful getting those nuggets out of the hole.  Just dolly them up like Gold Hound!  haha

Thanks for showing us how to be thorough.

Mitchel

• Like 1

ABSOLUTELY. My scoop is an all-purpose scraper, scratcher, raker, flinger, prier, and rehabilitator all in one!

I would not be the prospector I am without it.

I feel my Marine esprit stirring.

"This is my [scoop],

There are many like it,

But this one is mine."

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

When using the GPZ I just smash into it with the pick & don't pussyfoot about time wise. Once the signal is out I then either just use my hand in grabbing a pile of dirt to wave over the coil or use the scoop if it was a faint signal, small target, to start with. I haven't damaged a piece of gold yet. The only time I actually use the scoop for digging/scrapping is when I am using the Gold Monster or Nox 800 on shallow fly poop gold. 

G4G 

• Like 2

I work the same way, hoping not to damaging the nugget, but wow!! have not seen a scoop wore down that much! good going!! 

• Like 1

Love those composite diggers. I tried one (they sell them 2 for $10 on Amazon), and while they are great for sand/loam, they're kinda light for clay. If I could put something like sand in the handle it might be better.

Haven't tried one at the beach yet but I'm sure it will be good for finding targets in the scoop.

• Like 1

Absolutely, I use a scoop to dig. Mine never wear down that far because at some point, any given day out detecting, I usually end up walking away and leaving it on the ground by the hole I filled, never to find it again. Oneguy did stumble across one of my scoops I wasn't successful at backtracking to find.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2