Does Anyone Else Dig With Their Scoop?

Lunk

Heck finding a scoop in the field may be a bit more of a significant discovery than any nugget in a beaten patch, if ya know what I mean!

• Like 1

On 3/13/2021 at 1:14 PM, GoldTree said:

ABSOLUTELY. My scoop is an all-purpose scraper, scratcher, raker, flinger, prier, and rehabilitator all in one!

I would not be the prospector I am without it.

I feel my Marine esprit stirring.

"This is my [scoop],

There are many like it,

But this one is mine."

As a Marine, I totally busted as I started the read.  Great memories...but the reality is, I treat my GPZ-7000 the same way.

• Like 1

Lunk,  For all the gold that scoop has helped uncover and not damage, you should put that baby on a plaque as it's earned it's worth and then some.

What really surprises me, is you can keep one that long without loosing it.

That's certainly a wall hanger next to a pic of Smokey and Neverquit.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gerry in Idaho said:

That's certainly a wall hanger next to a pic of Smokey and Neverquit.

Gerry, I'm certain I was using that scoop when they were still with us.

• Like 1

Was up on a seldom used gpaa claim in the El Paso mountains and managed to drop my scoop while looking at an abandoned drywasher that had fallen over the side of a deep canyon. Went back 2 years later and there was the drywasher still, and my scoop. Some of these claims are not that hard hit after all or the drywasher and my scoop would have been gone. 

For as many scoops as I lose and wear out digging they should sell them as a 5 pack 😉

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Swifty said:

Was up on a seldom used gpaa claim in the El Paso mountains and managed to drop my scoop while looking at an abandoned drywasher that had fallen over the side of a deep canyon. Went back 2 years later and there was the drywasher still, and my scoop. Some of these claims are not that hard hit after all or the drywasher and my scoop would have been gone. 

For as many scoops as I lose and wear out digging they should sell them as a 5 pack

Let me guess. K ABLE 6WPD? 😉