Make Your Own Dual Field Coils

For anyone interested in seeing how a Dual Field is put together,  I recently did a video on making one after reading a lengthy thread on the Geotech Forum.

Cheers

• Like 9

Good stuff!  Thanks for the well-done video.  I learned some things.  But I do have a question.  If I understood your explanation, the coils are wound, epoxied, sheathed with that split white plastic tubing, shielded with copper tape (w/conductive adhesive), shrink wrapped(?), and finally epoxied in the shell.  Is there any concern that the coil windings can move inside the white plastic tubing when bumped (i.e. vulnerable to bump sensitivity)?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, GB_Amateur said:

Good stuff!  Thanks for the well-done video.  I learned some things.  But I do have a question.  If I understood your explanation, the coils are wound, epoxied, sheathed with that split white plastic tubing, shielded with copper tape (w/conductive adhesive), shrink wrapped(?), and finally epoxied in the shell.  Is there any concern that the coil windings can move inside the white plastic tubing when bumped (i.e. vulnerable to bump sensitivity)?

So just to clarify,  The coils are wound, then taped with Scotch 33, then sheathed with the Davis Industries tubing, then shielded, then wrapped again with Scotch 33 and lastly epoxied with slow curing resin.  As such I have zero concerns that there will be movement when bumped.  Glad that you enjoyed the video.  I truly enjoy building PI machines and the associated accessories and the videos are an instructive sideline that are an interest as well.  Subscribe if you so desire.

Cheers

• Like 5

• 1 month later...
On 3/12/2021 at 10:24 AM, Surf Detector said:

For anyone interested in seeing how a Dual Field is put together,  I recently did a video on making one after reading a lengthy thread on the Geotech Forum.

Cheers

Loved this content!

I hope to find in your Channel something on a plain mono too, as I'm forced to build one on my own, due to a past attempt to change my dualfield with a Detech 8" mono, great coil but for land use.. Underwater Is Just another game and I think Is Better to build a new One in a new empty housing instead to ruin that One trying to open it and modify the mold with new resin.

I Also think to Land  @t 11" 

• Like 1

On 4/22/2021 at 5:16 AM, Skullgolddiver said:

Loved this content!

I hope to find in your Channel something on a plain mono too, as I'm forced to build one on my own, due to a past attempt to change my dualfield with a Detech 8" mono, great coil but for land use.. Underwater Is Just another game and I think Is Better to build a new One in a new empty housing instead to ruin that One trying to open it and modify the mold with new resin.

I Also think to Land  @t 11" 

Yes my Youtube channel also has video instruction on building a plain mono-coil as well.  Happy Hunting.

• Thanks 1