$61,000 Challenge To Anyone Who Can Dowse For Gold

His money will be safe.  The James Randi Education Foundation used to offer one million dollars to anyone who could demonstrate powers that defy the laws of nature, plenty of dousers tried and failed.  The Amazing Randi died last year and will be missed.  Everybody knows someone who can douse water, electrical etc., they just can't seem to do it under scientific scrutiny.  Too much negative energy from those skeptics I guess.  A woman who worked in the prospecting shop in Temecula was said to have the gift of dousing gold.  I wondered aloud why she was working there and not living in a big mansion on the hill.  My comments were not well received by the true believers eying those 21st century dousing rods.  I'll be quiet now, lest I stir up a hornets nest of believers.  

• Like 8

True believers could always lend a hand in the minefields of Angola or Cambodia.

Minelab does.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

A few things:

1) Humans are not good random number generators.

2) Boxes should be covered with shrouds (cloth is fine) between tests.  If I were going to try and win the $ I'd memorize some characteristic of a box and pick that one every time.  I'd have a 10% chance of winning the $61k, so a $6.1k expectation.  Better than a couple weeks swinging a Zed at Lunk's favorite prospecting location.

3) I'll bet on a dog.  Which one?  Any of them!

• Like 3
  • Haha 1