Silver Earring Back With The 6” And Park 2

Getting a little more time on the 6” in an area I’ve already gridded in Park 1 and Park 2 with the 11”.

Found a gold ring, silver quarter, and lots of pull tabs and nickels here before so wanting to see what I am leaving behind from coil masking and lower positive VDIs. 

This earring back today wasn’t exactly low VDI, came in 10 - 12 range. But I dug those before. Either missed it or it averaged lower with some iron or foil under the 11”.

Anyway, not sure it will be worth the effort yet but interesting challenge and learning what the detector can do. That tip toe behind that 6” can get old or test my patience. 

F17D8B01-D759-40D1-857C-8A97A887E999.jpeg

E825E65A-DEA0-4816-9CD0-6AEBC6BDC606.jpeg

• Like 8

On 3/14/2021 at 5:19 PM, Dances With Doves said:

If you want the micro type jewelry the 6'' coil is better then the 11''.A tot lot is a good place to try this because  of the easy digging. The gold  stud earring  is one of the toughest  targets there is and the 6'' coil gives you a fighting chance in  getting one.Nice find.

I’ve typically done the tot lots with my F22 as it is pretty easy to swing and decent 9x5.5 concentric elliptical coil.  

I’ll have to try the 6” and Equinox sometime. I don’t like the 11” on tot lots. 

I save the tot lots for when the ground is too dry and hard in summer and give the turf a break.