My First Run With The Coiltek 14Γ—9 On My Equinox 800

Hope y'all doing great! Guys, I'm on my way to bed and catch some sleep... So i copied the text from my original post.

Hey wassup guys!πŸ˜€ Hope y'all doing great!πŸ™ Here it is, yesterday's result with my brand new Coiltek coil for the Minelab Equinox! (14x9) Before anything else, let me say that i could had found way more stuff (another patch at around 500m away from where I've been yesterday), but i was determined to try this coil on a area where i have searched many times before. (I have some old footage here, it's same area where i used my GPX 5000 with the 14" DD Goldstalker), and no, I'm not saying that the Equinox is better than the GPX 5000! 2 different worlds! I simply didn't walk over these with the Gpx 5000. The GPX will not produce any signal coming from mineralized pottery. ( I have to say this because my post will be shared on some other groups ) Most of these Medieval coins didn't have a solid ID, because they were either deep or amongst mineralized pottery fragments... mostly +30cm deep. Had one on edge at around 23cm if i remember correctly... The only coins that i had a solid ID were: Little silver hammered coin at +-20cm that was surrounded by few bits of iron (when it locked, i had a ID 13-14), and that little hammered coin with a short cross (while heading back home i came across a ID 4). I also took the Minelab's 15" Coil with me to compare some signals, it seemed like there was little to no difference regarding depth (to me that's a good thing) but, i noticed a much greater separation on the Coiltek 14x9! The thing is, some coins were amongst mineralized pottery fragments (produces negative signals/ID ), so the 14x9 could separate better, therefore i would get a much better response.πŸ‘ I'm guessing this coil will work excellent at the beach. This time i had to include some of the trash that i found... all those little bits that you see on the right side!πŸ˜€ Excellent sensitivity!!!!!!πŸ˜€πŸ‘Œ Another 2 things that i really need to mention... It's a heavy coil, so if you are a skinny person, well, use a bungee or a harness. I didn't need to use my bungee, but at the end of the day i was knackered!πŸ˜‚ Do i mind? Definitely not, as long it does the job, that's what matters. πŸ‘ I've noticed that some people are worried about the coil ears... Well, i don't think you should worry about that... although this is a new coil for the Minelab Equinox, these coils have been around for several years on some other Minelab detectors!πŸ˜‰ Ctx 3030, Etrac, Safari and the list goes on... I'm very pleased with my coil!πŸ˜€πŸ‘Œ I even bought a nice red dress for my "Coilteka"πŸ˜‚ a protection called Flexbump (made of PETG) that absorbs any impact against rocks at the forest and beach! EDIT I was using mainly the Field 2. 0 F3 & F2. 6 Recovery Speed. I did use a little bit the Field 1 and Beach 1, but i was having a better result using the Field 2 on that area. Thank you Trevor Coiltek and Coiltek Team for this amazing coil!πŸ‘πŸ˜Ž Best regards!

20210315_175314.jpg

20210315_175404.jpg

20210315_175900.jpg

20210315_175831.jpg

20210315_175800.jpg

20210315_175734.jpg

• Like 8

You "Euros" have such great history to find. πŸ™‚Β That's quite a haul! Guess that coil is quite a beast. Congratulations!

• Haha 1

Those are some really great pictures of your finds. Β The story isn’t bad either..Β 

• Like 1

Β  Β Thanks for the test drive report! And what an awesome group of finds!

Β  Β I have seen several people state on the forum that this particular coil is heavier due to it being made more for water hunting! But I'm sure Coiltek, and others, have the ability to useΒ lighter resin fillings, as theyΒ becomeΒ available!πŸ‘πŸ‘

Β  Β 

• Like 2

Good looking coil to go with all those finds! I find the slightly narrower coils can do better in bad ground than the wider coils.

The red coil cover is pretty sharp looking too!!

• Like 1

17 hours ago, F350Platinum said:

You "Euros" have such great history to find. πŸ™‚Β That's quite a haul! Guess that coil is quite a beast. Congratulations!

Hahahaha Euros!πŸ˜‚

Thank you mate! Cheers🍻

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, CVISChris said:

Those are some really great pictures of your finds. Β The story isn’t bad either..Β 

Thank you mate!

Wish that i could write better English...Β 

🍻

14 hours ago, Joe D. said:

Β  Β Thanks for the test drive report! And what an awesome group of finds!

Β  Β I have seen several people state on the forum that this particular coil is heavier due to it being made more for water hunting! But I'm sure Coiltek, and others, have the ability to useΒ lighter resin fillings, as theyΒ becomeΒ available!πŸ‘πŸ‘

Β  Β 

Thank you mate!

Someone told me exactly the same! The 15 round is lighter...Β 

🍻

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Tiftaaft said:

The red coil cover is pretty sharp looking too!!

Thank you mate!Β 

• Like 1