Wireless Headphones Question

I'm new to this technology but would you have to purchase two of these Avantree Saturn Pro Low Latency?  One to attach on the detector as a transmit and the other would be placed in a shirt pocket as a receiver and the receiver is what my Sun Ray Pro headphones would plug into?  I'm using a GPX detector.

I use the Deteknix RF setup,must admit i personally find them very good,of course they are not in the same league as the Deus ones but they certainly do the job very well,dont notice any lag that i can tell anyway but they are about as good as perfect as what you would ever want from them.

Prior to buying the Deteknix headphones i used the TDK700 setup for a very long time,they dont work on Bluetooth so dont have the lag that other systems using that BT freq,not sure exactly what setup they use but its pretty good,well it works on most of my VLF and a few of my PI machines.Only down side or problem with the TDK set is that if no audio signal is heard after i think its 2-3 minutes then they can shut down to save battery power,but if you have a audio threshold then they will stay on all the time.

I still use both of these setups,but the TDK headphones are carried as backup in my bag just incase anything goes wrong,but anyway i always carry a set of wired backphones made by XP which cost peanuts basically but the sound quality from these backphones is unreal as it can be better that sets of wired headphones costing many many times more.Also another bonuss of these backup wired headphones they are very light and dont cause problems to your ears during the hottest days of the year.

• Like 1

I'm new to this technology but would you have to purchase two of these Avantree Saturn Pro Low Latency? One to attach on the detector as a transmit and the other would be placed in a shirt pocket as a receiver and the receiver is what my Sun Ray Pro headphones would plug into? I'm using a GPX detector.

Yes you need 2 if them. One x TX & one x RX as you have described.

Here's a pic with tx attached to my SDC2300 & rx attached to an amplifier. Same set up for headphones but you can go through an amp or direct to any headphones of your choice.

post-363-0-90047300-1454618199_thumb.jpe

One thing to be aware of is the jack socket on the Avantree Saturn Pro low latency units is 3.5mm (1/8") so if your amp or headphones are 6.35mm (1/4") you'll need a short adapter lead to suit.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/0-3m-Pure-HQ-OFC-3-5mm-Jack-to-6-35mm-0-6cm-jack-Socket-Adapter-Cable-30cm-0-/191089621267?hash=item2c7dd43913:g:VAAAAOSwxYxUvqIy

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/6-35mm-Stereo-Jack-Plug-to-3-5mm-Stereo-Jack-Plug-25cm-/190482134765?hash=item2c599eb6ed:g:jboAAOSwYGFUvDQp

• Like 1

Rick, thanks for the reply.  I checked out that setup and it looks slick but I want to be able to use my current headphones. 

AussieMatt, thanks for the reply.  I like this set up as I can still use my current headphones or any headphone I choose.  Thanks for the heads up with the jack.

Thanks,

Brian.

• 4 weeks later...

Hey AussieMatt. Thanks for sharing the info on the Avantree Saturn Pros. Have you ever tried pairing it with a portable wireless Bluetooth speaker from only one tx Avantree?  I have an SDC and prefer an external speaker (and no wires)  but I'm doubtful the volume control on a speaker would work as it's meant to control a smartphones volume.

I'm thinking of something like the speaker below. Minelab have made things tricky with no (true) volume control on the SDC.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/like/Bluetooth-Speaker-Mini-SUPER-BASS-Portable-For-Smartphone-Tablet-PC-Black/291464055545

I was looking into other Bluetooth options primarly headphones and spoke with Avantree pro company and both blue tooth, what ever is transmitting and receiving has to be both low latency. So make sure speaker is low enough. Also if you have two Avantree pro i think you can use one of docs external speakers with it. I will also be testing this once I get a new adapter.

7 hours ago, orgone500 said:

Hey AussieMatt. Thanks for sharing the info on the Avantree Saturn Pros. Have you ever tried pairing it with a portable wireless Bluetooth speaker from only one tx Avantree?  I have an SDC and prefer an external speaker (and no wires)  but I'm doubtful the volume control on a speaker would work as it's meant to control a smartphones volume.

I'm thinking of something like the speaker below. Minelab have made things tricky with no (true) volume control on the SDC.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/like/Bluetooth-Speaker-Mini-SUPER-BASS-Portable-For-Smartphone-Tablet-PC-Black/291464055545

No I only ever used the 2 × Avantree units as tx & rx to what I wanted to use. In my picture of the SDC on this thread previously you'll see them attached to the SDC (tx) & a LH-380 mini guitar amp (rx). I got two of these guitar amps of eBay (just search for mini guitar amp) & they worked well but have heard of others having issues so quality control may not be great on them but something similar would work. Having volume control along with wireless is great on the SDC!

I also used a B&Z  booster with them & it worked fine too so Docs speaker should work ok? Do they have volume control?

From what I've seen on ebay the docs speaker is just a speaker. You would still need to use the booster to set the required volume. I currently have a LH-380 amp as well and have been trying to work out the best way to mount it. The plastic clip is very flimsy and I'd read online where others have broken it with little effort climbing through bush.

It would have been nice if Minelab put a speaker on both sides of the SDC for left or right handed people. (along with that volume control).