Bucket Dredge Tailings Map Question

As I continue my research into bucket dredge tailings areas I am trying to find maps showing at least the general locations of these tailings as they occur in various states.  After many hours of internet research I have found environmental reports, state park reports, and scientific studies on individual sites.  I have also found an old report for the state of Oregon with a page size map.  However I have not yet found a comprehensive map of at least the general location of all dredge tailings for any of the individual western states (other than Oregon).  Nor have I found a comprehensive map of all of the dredge tailings in the western U.S.  Do such maps (or books for that matter) exist for either the states or the western U.S.?  Just curious if I had missed something (maybe even the obvious) or if I was blessed with the opportunity to create such a document from scratch?  Thanks in advance for your help and suggestions.

I look at google maps in states that have a gold rush type history for signs of dredging.  The piles are pretty easy to spot along rivers and creeks, as well as  a lot of old mine tailings and spoils. They didn't go to the expense and time to set up a bucket dredge just to clean a small area.

Mine tailings usually look like small white spots in the middle of no where, usually along remnants of trails and roads that are no longer used much.