Audio Processing Software?

Thanks Chase, I thought that was a long shot. Long shot #2... Can you use Bluetooth headphones and wired headphones at the same time on the Nox?

Just about any machine that can take standard 1/8" or 1/4"  headphone jacks can be plugged into a computer audio input and audio can be recorded. I did that with my Tejon.

I do want to note that highly filtered signals will not show all the nuances a raw signal will such as all metal mode.

Of all the machines out I would like to see what the Deus does in full tone mode with different targets. Be cool to see how good those waveforms compare to an analog machine like a Tesoro.

I'm a little late to the conversation, and not as technically savvy as many here! But in practical terms, both audio and visual information on any detector will be limited mostly by the person who using it! 

What I mean by that is, many of us have visual and/or hearing defincies that affect how each of us is processing the information given by even the most advanced detectors! Let alone external environmental factors that can make it difficult for even the most pristine of us to see or hear signals accurately!

So if the idea, if achievable, is to give everyone the widest range of tools to accomplish this, I'm all for it!

Cost, and practical application will always be factors! But the technology, like Google Glass, heads-up displays, and direct auditory input, are already here! And could be adapted for detecting!👍👍

• Like 1

Florida Son

Thx for pointing out the use a spectrum analyzer could have for the hearing impaired.

I hadn't thought of that angle.    It could make a huge difference for you !

If you try using one please post how you like it.  

If you need any help post that too.

We're all in this together...........

• Like 1

On training ears to ID frequency of notes....................

If anyone has a piano  (cheapies at Goodwill etc.?)  You can find the note with it and compare to a chart  that you can download 

http://www.tresbearmusic.com/site/images/themes/sound-waves-frequency/frequency-chart-bowed-string-instruments-ww01.gif 

1 hour ago, rvpopeye said:

On training ears to ID frequency of notes....................

If anyone has a piano  (cheapies at Goodwill etc.?)  You can find the note with it and compare to a chart  that you can download 

http://www.tresbearmusic.com/site/images/themes/sound-waves-frequency/frequency-chart-bowed-string-instruments-ww01.gif 

I don't think you understood my first response/question earlier. So I will rephrase it.  Since the Equinox has a signal that is so processed how are you going to tell the difference as to what a target is? 

As in, if you have 5 different items in size and shape that all ring in at 14. Tell me how you are going to call out what those items are before they are in your hand?  What can you tell about those items that will make a difference with the Equinox? 

11 hours ago, kac said:

Just about any machine that can take standard 1/8" or 1/4"  headphone jacks can be plugged into a computer audio input and audio can be recorded. I did that with my Tejon.

I do want to note that highly filtered signals will not show all the nuances a raw signal will such as all metal mode.

Of all the machines out I would like to see what the Deus does in full tone mode with different targets. Be cool to see how good those waveforms compare to an analog machine like a Tesoro.

Maybe someone has already done this and will post, or link to the results!👍👍

midalake

I think I covered that somewhere ?? (more than one thing ID as same # ) Def is an issue  !  So much variation in ID #s with the same object  (IE: pulltabs in various states of decay or mutilation.....) 

I have no doubt there is a serious amount of processing implemented to convert RX signals to target ID #s  , it's probably at the limit of tech (or $ costs) or now) but tron world is always progressing so time will change things as it always has .

There are analyzers that are accurate to 1 Hz but cost and size may be an issue ?

(Hard to know what might be released as a phone type app in the future but I 'm not impressed with the ones I have tried out compared to my "old school " units.) 

Maybe  the ML (or other) team can make this happen , the tech is already existing (I got my 1st spec analyzer in the early 80s) , just need to code it into the software ??? As always , it sounds easy but may not be the case in reality........     The human interface is still required to play the detection game IMO , but we sure are a long way from that old Rat Shack detector in my closet.                  

• Like 1