Coiltek 10x5 Equinox Coil

i am just the messenger, so i have been told the new 10x5 coil has mediocre depth and jumpy id. i have one on order. is the coiltek 10x5 made in batches? any user information would be greatly appreciated. please respond politely i am just asking

i am new to all this. i am a slow learner. i learn by doing and making a lot of mistakes and i do make a lot of errors 

16 minutes ago, trash panda said:

i am new to all this. i am a slow learner. i learn by doing and making a lot of mistakes and i do make a lot of errors 

Everyone makes mistakes.  It's credibility that matters and that means that potentially controversial performance claims that malign a product or state over the top adulation ideally should be posted with as much explicit detail and cited verified/credible/reliable source information as possible.  That's called information reporting/dissemination vs. simply spreading unverifiable rumors on a forum.   That is also different than speculation where people are simply guessing about features or performance of unreleased gear, which is usually just harmless fun because no products are getting trashed in the process (usually).  If you can't back up such claims with at least some evidence, it is best holding off posting until you can.  It protects you from backlash and the party in question from potentially undeserved bad press. If you are simply trying to help those who are mulling over a purchase, that's fine, but without something to corroborate it usually just causes consternation and confusion.

• Like 9

I can be critical over time ... but in my opinion the 5X10 "coil coil doesn't look bad at all in this test .... and played a really good result against the 6" Equinox coil ..

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Chase Goldman said:

Thanks for the info. 

Can you be more explicit about what you mean by mediocre depth? Is that compared to the 11" coil or the 6" coil?  

Source of information?  Thanks

i cannot and i see your point it makes sense. i have one on the way so i was worried concerned about buying one so soon. thank you

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, trash panda said:

i cannot and i see your point it makes sense. i have one on the way so i am worried concerned about buying one so soon

Don't worry about it so much.  Gerry was running around with a pre-release version and showing a bunch of great finds and the videos above at least demonstrate that there is no noticeable performance issues.  It's just a situational coil for specific purposes and should be fine for most.  It's the 15" round that requires more investment and it's performance needs to overcome a significant weight penalty.

• Like 2