Coiltek 10x5 Equinox Coil

8 hours ago, Jeff McClendon said:

Coiltek has maybe 10 employees unless they added some just to make these coils. They have to be going crazy trying to meet demand, procure components, produce the rest of their product line and deal with international shipping delays from Australian Covid lockdowns.

Yep they are taking forever to get them out and I've been looking actively for the last couple months since I snoozed and loosed  on the first go around. I use the Nox almost exclusively and this coil will have lots of applications at the places I hunt. I have the 10x5 coiltek  made for the CTX as well but for some reason I don't really use it all that much as I really like the 6" round on the ctx for hunting in trash. At any rate I have been assured by Gerry that some are on the way and might even get one this week. 

strick 

• Like 3

I know how much some people want these coils, and it's very easy to get them in New Zealand, and my dealer does ship to the US.  The last batch my dealer had I posted a link to on here and he sold out quickly to American forum members that were struggling and desperate to get their hands on one.  He's now on at least his 3rd batch.

So if anyone really is desperate to get one quickly they're welcome to buy one from NZ, my dealer is a good guy and ships them to US customers no problems.  You'll pay a bit more as you'll need to pay shipping, maybe one of the forum members who bought one could tell you how much that it ended up being, or you could just contact Dan the dealer and ask.

https://www.dredgenz.co.nz/product/10x5-equinox-coil/

• Like 4

16 hours ago, village said:

instead i got a lot of feedback that the coil is great even from many who did not recieve their coil yet.

Was that in another thread?  I ask because I  just reread the thread and certainly did not see anyone (much less “many”) without the coil making any claims about coil performance.  In fact, there were no claims about coil performance only references to Gerry’s documented positive experience at that point with a pre-prod version of the coil and El Niño pointing to some favorable test results on video.  About the only objective evidence we had at the time vs. the unsubstantiated rumor mill.  FWIW, I obtained a 5x10 a couple weeks after the thread was started.

Other than that, all I saw was Steve and me asking a lot of pertinent questions of you in an attempt to get some much needed context/source background from the lack of depth claims/rumors that you were hearing and asking about to protect your own credibility  (a very fragile commodity) and to increase the signal to noise ratio of useful information posted to the forum.  If that’s considered “lambasting” by some and if you want to portray the feedback in the manner you stated above, that’s fine.  All I can say is, go figure. :rolleyes:

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Chase Goldman said:

Was that in another thread?  I ask because I  just reread the thread and certainly did not see anyone (much less “many”) without the coil making any claims about coil performance.  In fact, there were no claims about coil performance only references to Gerry’s documented positive experience at that point with a pre-prod version of the coil and El Niño pointing to some favorable test results on video.  About the only objective evidence we had at the time vs. the unsubstantiated rumor mill.  FWIW, I obtained a 5x10 a couple weeks after the thread was started.

Other than that, all I saw was Steve and me asking a lot of pertinent questions of you in an attempt to get some much needed context/source background from the lack of depth claims/rumors that you were hearing and asking about to protect your own credibility  (a very fragile commodity) and to increase the signal to noise ratio of useful information posted to the forum.  If that’s considered “lambasting” by some and if you want to portray the feedback in the manner you stated above, that’s fine.  All I can say is, go figure. :rolleyes:

ok thank you

Coil came in yesterday (thanks Gerry) nice and light...thinner then Minelab coils...air tests, ground balances and sees the targets in my test bed. Fits a little loose on the Minelab shafts....one Minelab bolt was too thick then the Other I tried fit fine. Tighten it down and the coil don’t flop around yet. May have to make some thin washers as I don’t like the extra pressure on the coil ears...Looking forward to using it !

strick

• Like 2

Strick

That’s great to hear you got yours and they say miracles don’t happen.

I’m still in a holding pattern circling the field waiting on mine but I’m about to run out of gas .

The Best!

Chuck 

• Like 2