Coiltek 10x5 Equinox Coil

Welcome to the club Panda.  😉

• Thanks 1

Just jumped onto the Coiltek 10” X 5” elliptical 

I Hi Pre-order train. I have two equinox 600’s  One has the 11” coil and the other has the 6” round and it’s on

the telescoping carbon fiber shaft. It’s a laser at 

Separating  higher conductors  from dense iron, but the extremely limited ground coverage gets old quick. I think The new elliptical will be an awesome

coil on the Nox  Really looking forward to it  

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

Now that the lambasting of this person's justifiable question has been performed, and the guy who has nothing to add, but just wanted everyone to know "his coil is on order", has piped up can we now get to the brass tacks regarding these Coiltek coils?  Are they better? Are they no different? Or, Are they junk? 

• Like 1

Gotta say I like it a lot over the 11" stock coil. I've been using it since I got it a couple of months ago. I'm out at least 3 times or more a week and have written much praise. I won't debate any of the testers who have done depth comparisons, there are too many variables. I've used it in the farm, on the beach, in the river, campgrounds, everywhere.

I've dug dimes over a foot deep on the beach, pulled coins out from under nails, near playground steelwork and pulled targets out of hard to reach places for the 11". I find it much easier to ground balance than the stock coil. Everywhere I was with the 11" and thought I'd wiped it out I found more stuff. Not so much after that. 🤔

I only lose 1" of sweep width, and it's much lighter than the stock coil. I can run it until the battery needs charging.

I'll write it yet again, I may not take it off. 😀 For me it was worth the $$.

• Like 5

I like it, while it's not as sensitive on small gold as the 6" coil (you wouldn't expect it to be) it does have a very sensitive nose on it where the windings come close which can get into places the 6" coil can't.  It's most sensitive spot is the tip and tail where as the 6" is the very center of the coil so that's beneficial for gold up against rocks and so on.

As for coins, it's not as deep as the 11", again you can't expect it to be, it's a smaller coil.  Won't handle junk as well as the 6", again because it's longer, more chance of getting junk and a coin under it at once.   I'm starting to think most of the time you can estimate how a coil will perform without even owning it just by it's size and shape and not be too far off wrong 🙂

It seems good quality and I've got no complaints. I was having trouble where my Minelab bolt didn't fit my Coiltek coil, Trevor at Coiltek told me to try various Minelab bolts for mine as I had a Minelab bolt that didn't fit supplied with my 11" that I was trying to use for my Coiltek coil, and they were right, the bolt with my 15x12" fit perfectly.  It seems Minelab have some bolts that are a tiny fraction bigger than others, very odd 🙂

• Like 5

The

2 hours ago, F4ttk4tt said:

Now that the lambasting of this person's justifiable question has been performed, and the guy who has nothing to add, but just wanted everyone to know "his coil is on order", has piped up can we now get to the brass tacks regarding these Coiltek coils?  Are they better? Are they no different? Or, Are they junk? 

The 10x5 is a great coil, it is staying on my machine.  Feel free to use the forum's search feature to see the reasons supporting my position as I don't feel the need to repost my justification in this separate thread.

• Like 3

I would love to hear from village in regards to the Coiltek Equinox 10X5 coil. Did he order one and receive it?  If so does he like it. At least he did not disappear since he was so poorly treated according to some people. He posts a lot which is great. Sure, his question was valid but adding the rumors was iffy. That is what I like about Detector Prospector. I get the straight facts even when they seem impossible sometimes. Our detecting areas and target preferences are so different that my opinion of a coil or detector may be just the opposite of someone else's experience. Rumors are just that as are unsubstantiated opinions, gut feelings and random bs.

I appreciate the experiences that have been shared about this new Coiltek 10X5" coil. I haven't ordered one yet because I don't want to accidentally get the one that was supposed to go to Ridge Runner. After he gets his I will order one for sure.😃

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Thanks 1

i was not adding rumors. i was asking about the skuttlebutt (rumors) that i heard. looking for assurance that they where not true. instead i got a lot of feedback that the coil is great even from some who had not recieved their coil yet. so go figure... No i do not have one yet

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, village said:

i was not adding rumors. i was asking about the skuttlebutt (rumors) that i heard. looking for assurance that they where not true. instead i got a lot of feedback that the coil is great even from many who did not recieve their coil yet. so go figure... No i do not have one yet

Yep, folks can get pretty excited about nothing even on DP....... 

Coiltek has maybe 10 employees unless they added some just to make these coils. They have to be going crazy trying to meet demand, procure components, produce the rest of their product line and deal with international shipping delays from Australian Covid lockdowns.

• Like 2