Gerry, It looks like I was wrong about the price per gram of my Gold Basin find. I looked just once at a comparison price on the Aerolite site Gold Basin find and did not do any further research after that. It is a very nice specimen but due to so many being found a GB, the price is much lower than I first thought.    

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Similar Content

• By MissRockhound
      I need help identifying this rock please. I found this around Louisiana a few weeks back. To me it looks like raw Platinum or an ore maybe. I’m not really good at this yet haha. It’s not magnetic at all, it’s weight is 3.7 grams, and it’s streak is too hard to get, as it only scratches the plate. So possibly even a meteorite? Idk  heh. Thanks you!!

• By MissRockhound
      Please help me identify this if possible😸. 
      I found this while Hounding around Louisiana. At first I thought it might be a meteorite but then I started thinking it’s melted metal haha. I’m not sure though. It is slightly magnetic and it’s streak is too hard on some sides and just scratches the plate. BUT other sides leave a brownish gold and gray streak. It’s odd. I might need to clean it and do the streak test again. It’s weight is 19.0grams. Thank you so much!

• By Lunk
      Today found me deep in the Nevada outback, searching for those elusive gold nuggets with my trusty Minelab GPZ 7000. Towards the end of the day, I heard a nice, narrow double target response from the detector, just like the small and shallow sub-gram nuggets make. After pinpointing the target with the edge of the GPZ 14 coil, I plunged my plastic scoop into the loose soil, where it encountered a rock about 3 or 4 inches deep. Removing it from the soil, I immediately noticed that the rock was unusually dense; rubbing the dirt from the stone revealed the familiar rusty tin can color and smooth, regmaglypted surface typical of a weathered chondrite. The stone meteorite  had a couple of broken surfaces, so I carefully searched the area with the detector for more fragments and soon received another double target response that turned out to be another stone of about the same size and depth as the first, and around 8 feet downslope. The two fragments fit together perfectly, just like a jigsaw puzzle. This meteorite is my third  Nevada cold find since 2008. 
      Area where the two chondrite fragments were dug, one at just 3 o'clock of the detector coil, and the other at the tip of the scoop handle:
      The two fragments reunited, with a total mass of 276 grams:

• By mn90403
      A meteorite is tracked back to its beginning with the help of a sky camera!

https://www.livescience.com/meteorites-botswana-from-vesta-originally.html?utm_source=Selligent&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=LVS_newsletter&utm_content=LVS_newsletter+&utm_term=6578252&m_i=owCgqp5L9ntOMytAIIbJqm02cPRvhR40QaCjx5_rvwsSDtxaYE85ZhrzKKAZJxC6CO6K0WFQcLx9E9YxpvhnpNvFUNP8ktCo%2BQCYz_Zoon 
    • By mn90403
      Now this is a somewhat subjective category but maybe we can make our own and add others.  What do you think is a famous meteorite?
      I would say Meteor Crater in Arizona.  The meteorites in question are actually called Canyon Diablos.  
      Here is a list from LiveScience and it doesn't include Canyon Diablos.
      https://www.livescience.com/15445-fallen-stars-gallery-famous-meteorites.html 
    • By mn90403
      There are thousands of meteorites discovered all over the world.  Some areas preserve meteorites better than others.  The oceans for instance degrade most of them and other climates make it nearly impossible to find them.  When they are found they are studied and classified.
      This meteorite was:
      A lonely meteorite that landed in the Sahara Desert in 2020 is older than Earth. The primeval space rock is about 4.6 billion years old, and is the oldest known example of magma from space.
      This meteorite is an achondrite, a type of meteorite that comes from a parent body with a distinct crust and core, and lacks round mineral grains called chondrules, according to the Center for Meteorite Studies at Arizona State University.
      https://www.livescience.com/meteorite-asteroid-early-solar-system.html