First Colonial Dig With The Tarsacci

2 hours ago, Dug2gld said:

Cool! I'll be there as well! JGD??

DIV but have a friend going to JGD.  Familiar with that JGD site area.  Tarsacci should do well there.  Note that some of your most desirable relics will likely actually be ferrous based artillery shells and fragments as well as swords and bayonets due to the artillery and Cavalry activity there.  So don't ignore those big iron signals.  Tarsacci's well implemented pinpoint function should help identify large footprint targets.  Good luck.

• Like 2

Thank you! In the red dirt last week bullets were hitting at -30   I plan to dig all for that reason.  I hope I find some deep targets.  🙂 good luck at the div! 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Dancer said:

Just once I'd love to dig a button with the back intact.    All my metal buttons are stamped    "Levi"      Rats !

Seriously, thats some real nice work.

Thank you ! 🙂 

• Like 1

On 3/17/2021 at 7:28 PM, Walker1200 said:

Lots of great colonial saves there...and congrats on all of the success today!  Is that a turtle you dug?

-Kerry

Yes.  A small turtle. Pin or pendant. Brass bottom.  

• Like 1

• 5 months later...
On 3/18/2021 at 6:58 AM, Dug2gld said:

Thank you! In the red dirt last week bullets were hitting at -30   I plan to dig all for that reason.  I hope I find some deep targets.  🙂 good luck at the div! 

Can you please give more information on the bullets hitting at -30? 

That was the first time out with the tarsacci several months ago.  I plan on hitting the red dirt soon and will check my settings and repost.  

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Kaolin washer said:

yes you do get somthing for the 1600.00, It can smoke those targets in bad ground

I hope it does this November!!  I did use it in the red dirt and heard some deep targets, I used it in good soil as well and it was loving the deep brass! 

• Like 3

On 3/17/2021 at 11:59 PM, Dug2gld said:

I am really starting to love this machine! In the soft sandy soil of Virginia today we hit a colonial field that I have been in with my deus, others were there with the minelabs and garrett’s.  I was hearing the good tones in the iron and digging brass, 1700’s buttons and other colonial pieces!  Last week this machine was doing well in the red dirt in Northern VA.   Its a keeper! 

Hi , 

What about the tarsacci vs the deus in your field ?  one better than the other ?  thx for the infos  ...