Is This Normal??

Just received my NEW metal detector "anfibio multi" 

Is that the usual appearance of a new machine 🤷‍♂️

Also the pulse dive seems to make a small noise from the inside every time I rotate/shake it , like there is  something  small "floating" inside!! 

(+they were partially charged) 🙄

PS : it was bought from an official dealer!! 

Maybe I am overthinking about it 😅what do you think?!

Thank you in advance

IMG_20210317_112028.jpg

IMG_20210317_112553.jpg

IMG_20210317_111915.jpg

IMG_20210317_112544.jpg

• Like 1
  • Sad 2
  • Oh my! 2

You need to contact your dealer and get it replaced.

• Like 4

They usually have an inner cardboard insert on the box that the parts fit into so they don't get banged around.

Pulse dive pointer does have a small rattle inside, might be from the buttons but seems to be normal.

That looked like an open box or demo unit, I would return it.

When you get a box most companies will put a small round tape disk over the box edge. If that has been cut then the box has been opened.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Hello everyone and thank you for your replies!! 

To be honest I was disappointed as well!! I just contacted the dealer, they told me they do open the box to check the unit etc.... I just e mailed some photos as well and waiting to see  what they will tell me!! 🤷‍♂️ 😤

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

When I buy new I want the new experience I paid the money for.  I want to be the one to open the box the first time.   I want to be the one to do the first un-packing.  I want to enjoy the pristine condition of a brand new blemish free unit fresh from the box.

An open box isn't new.  Its a return or a demo unit the dealer is offloading, hoping you won't care.

Want to share the dealer's name so we don't inadvertently do business with them, because I don't want to buy from a guy who thinks its ok to open boxes and try out detectors and then try to resale them as new units.   

HH
Mike

• Like 5

35 minutes ago, Mike_Hillis said:

When I buy new I want the new experience I paid the money for.  I want to be the one to open the box the first time.   I want to be the one to do the first un-packing.  I want to enjoy the pristine condition of a brand new blemish free unit fresh from the box.

An open box isn't new.  Its a return or a demo unit the dealer is offloading, hoping you won't care.

Want to share the dealer's name so we don't inadvertently do business with them, because I don't want to buy from a guy who thinks its ok to open boxes and try out detectors and then try to resale them as new units.   

HH
Mike

Hi Mike

I want to believe it will be sorted out soon!! You don't have to worry though, that dealer is in Northern Europe (where I am also located ,at the moment) 

I totally agree with you that it is wrong

I m just gonna be a little bit more patient till tomorrow before I start blaming someone!! If there is anyone though who is located in Europe at the moment I ll gladly share my whole "experience" Beforehand!! 

HH 

Nik

• Like 2

When it happens to you it gets real personal quick.

I had a dealer drop ship a detector from the detector company and it was missing part of the shaft. I called and told the rep. what I was missing but for a month I got the wrong part.

When I did get the correct part I sold that detector and I said I’ll never buy from them again.

For what it’s worth it was a sealed box . I think it would be best for you if they did check to make sure you getting what you paid for .

Chuck 

• Like 4