XP Orx Gold Nugget And Meteorite Hunt

abenson

abenson

Thanks for your time making the video. It’s been a while of being in the area that you were and at the time I was swinging another detector. I do have the ORX with both coils and I’ve been longing to get out there with it in the same area. 
I say if you still finding trash it’s still a possibility you may find a keeper for your trouble to.

Chuck 

• Like 1

Thanks for the video, particularly for showing the full find and recovery.  The sound is really sharp (short duration).  Does that have anything to do with the settings (e.g. recovery speed / reactivity or whatever it's called on the ORX)?

I like the meteorite.  That's a nice size, IMO.  I'm surprised it hasn't been found by earlier detectorists, assuming that area has been detectected.  Question (for everyone):  do PI's not pick up some metal containing meteorites due to the pulse delay?

13 minutes ago, GB_Amateur said:

Thanks for the video, particularly for showing the full find and recovery.  The sound is really sharp (short duration).  Does that have anything to do with the settings (e.g. recovery speed / reactivity or whatever it's called on the ORX)?

I like the meteorite.  That's a nice size, IMO.  I'm surprised it hasn't been found by earlier detectorists, assuming that area has been detectected.  Question (for everyone):  do PI's not pick up some metal containing meteorites due to the pulse delay?

The ORX (you may already know this) has 2 preset gold programs. They are Gold and Fine Gold, very similar to the Gold Field program on the Deus. It's basically an all metal motion mode. On the ORX Gold is set at recovery 2 and Fine Gold recovery 2.5. Fine Gold does give a sharper response to the targets and I believe that is due to recovery speed. The machine also runs quieter in mineralized soil and hot rocks are easier to ID.

Yes the meteorite is nice sized. One of the reasons the meteorite was still there is due to so many hot rocks being in the same area. I found 5 rocks that gave a nice sharp signal and were magnetic. 4 of them turned out to be magnetite only 1 was a meteorite. Most people discard or don't dig them at all, and figure they are hot rocks.

Yes PI's will pick up meteorites and a lot of people use them to do just that.

• Like 5

Andrew...... is right, the higher reactivity setting - it works the same as the higher ground filter and also the higher SAT setting, so ORX in Gold programs will work better and more stable on more mineralized terrain, especially when working at the highest frequencies ..54khz/74khz/ can be seen in the video that you have at least 2/3 of the field of the mineralization indicator filled in the ORX / ..

Congratulations on your meteorite .., .. detecting gold is hard work ....👍

• Like 3