Carry Case Or Bag For GPZ 7000

35 minutes ago, Gerry in Idaho said:

They make the best metal detecting technology in the world.  Who would want to be the Engineer at Minelab that says "I designed that carry bag".  Should we get a team of Engineers and maybe a physicist to come up with the ultimate hard case to carry the detector?  I'm perfectly fine with their direction and what they specialize in.  Besides, you know the hard case (if it had a Minelab name on it), would cost $500 or more.

The battery and other coil, will eventually be available sometime in 2025/26 after the Duzy 20 outbreak.  You should see the  complete head helmet we will be required to wear for that bastard of infection.

As far as a carry case, Beatup came up with a great idea for the 7000.  It's a double snowboard bag, 158cm fits the collapsed 7000 perfect.    Not a hard case mind you, but it's padded with waterproof luggage type exterior and heavy duty zippers.  It offers some protection bouncing around in my RZR, I bungee it to my overhead rack so there is still room for all the other gear in the rear compartment.  I'll try and find the website if anyone is interested. 

• Like 6

28 minutes ago, Condor said:

It's a double snowboard bag,

Good idea. Can you provide a link? I looked up snowboard bags but none of them would fit.

Thanks guys. Fully assembled with collapsed shaft the bag would need the following measurements: 54 inch L ,14 inch W and 15 inch H. The snowboard bags usually only have sufficient length, but lack sufficient width and height. But you can of course disassemble it.

21 minutes ago, Gold Catcher said:

Thanks guys. Fully assembled with collapsed shaft the bag would need the following measurements: 54 inch L ,14 inch W and 15 inch H. The snowboard bags usually only have sufficient length, but lack sufficient width and height. But you can of course disassemble it.

I had an 88 key note padded keyboard bag that the GPZ fit in fully assembled (shaft collapsed) + accessories, manuals etc. To fit once the  shaft is collapsed you need to rotate the handle/user interface to the side. Mine was a heavy duty type & cost about $70AUD so they should be pretty cheap in USD?

These are similar:

https://www.swamp.net.au/instruments/keyboard/cases/88-key/

• Thanks 1

No need to disassemble your machine a double bag will have plenty of width and depth just collapse the shaft and put it right in.

• Like 1

Gentlemen  

At Academy is a good place to find a case for your detector. Some you find is made to carry two shotguns and has a foam cover in the center to keep them separated but I take that out . It’s the type that have the square ends and most come in black. You can buy them for about 59 to 79 dollars but at the end of hunting season maybe cheaper. All of them have pockets on the side to put just about anything you need.

Chuck 

• Thanks 1

Here is one of them you can buy at Academy 79.99 but can find them cheaper off season. Not every Academy has the same and one may have a sale but another not so .

This one is for two shotguns .

D25068F8-D1DD-4BD6-8E8C-4DDE73871F40.jpeg

• Like 3