Could The Tarsacci Be A Nugget Detector?

Up front I don’t own a Tarsacci detector !

I’m just wondering if the Tarsacci is so hot on gold in heavy black sand and with the adjustment that can be made with it could it be a nugget detector ? I’d say the best coil would be something say a 10 X 6” coil are a small round one. I know just about any detector maybe can find a nugget every blue moon 🌚 but the Tarsacci may be playing in a different field that the average VLF detector.

I’d still say give me that smaller coil because I just maybe could be land locked. Not that I am .

Would any of you buy a 10X6” are a 9X5” coil if it was available?

I’m still on the fence if I’ll buy the Tarsacci but I know one thing I got to get off this fence. I’ve been up here to long it’s starting to hurt 😢.

Chuck 

9 minutes ago, Ridge Runner said:

I’m just wondering if the Tarsacci is so hot on gold in heavy black sand and with the adjustment that can be made with it could it be a nugget detector ? I’d say the best coil would be something say a 10 X 6” coil are a small round one. I know just about any detector maybe can find a nugget every blue moon 🌚 but the Tarsacci may be playing in a different field that the average VLF detector.

I’d still say give me that smaller coil because I just maybe could be land locked. Not that I am .

Would any of you buy a 10X6” are a 9X5” coil if it was available?

I’m still on the fence if I’ll buy the Tarsacci but I know one thing I got to get off this fence. I’ve been up here to long it’s starting to hurt 😢.

Chuck 

That’s interesting Chase and to be out nugget hunting with the stock coil being that’s all you have then and now.

Chuck 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Ridge Runner said:

Would any of you buy a 10X6” are a 9X5” coil if it 

Chuck 

Chuck, you got more time on the Tarascci than I do and I own one.    Winter is just around the corner that fence is gonna have snow piled up on it again.        Just joshing ya.

• Haha 1

Like very many other top VLF detectors, the MDT 8000 can do fine for nugget detecting. The relatively low frequency and lack of small coil means it can’t hit tiny bits like a 30 kHz plus unit might, but for larger nuggets, quarter gram or better, it holds its own with the best of them. Although it does very well for a VLF, the MDT is not a PI replacement in my opinion. I’d certainly not buy a MDT just for nugget detecting, but if you have one, it can be used, and get the job done. Serious folks will want to stick with machines designed specifically for gold prospecting.

• Like 2

Hey Dancer

I even got the manual printed out in a full size sheets.

I’m learning all about the Tarsacci but I haven’t found anything yet.haha  

Chuck 

Steve

When you tell a story about nugget hunting that nugget can go from a gram to over a ounce in just a few words.

It’s like this old man was telling me a story about him deer 🦌 hunting.

He seen this big buck coming through some heavy brush swinging his head and just breaking the brush as he came. Looking at the deer it had to be no less than a 10 point buck . So he put the crosshairs on him and pulled the trigger . Down that big buck went .

He started walking slowly and as he got nearer the horns on that buck looked smaller. Each time he’d take a step the horns would get smaller. He said about the time I got to that deer it didn’t have any horns at all .

Nuggets is just about like them deer horns but the nugget gets smaller because from the heat of the sun . I know that to be true because I’ve never dug up a nugget smaller than a ounce.

Chuck 

• Like 2