22" GPZ X Coil Concentric Results

It's a really nice video work of a 15 "X concentric coil in detection .. by Simon .. and the results of such detection are really satisfying ...👍

• Like 6

Very nice haul of gold and your information/settings are interesting.  Never hurts to try something different and especially on ground you already pulled gold.  Well done and nice photos.

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/26/2021 at 1:13 PM, Gerry in Idaho said:

Very nice haul of gold and your information/settings are interesting.  Never hurts to try something different and especially on ground you already pulled gold.  Well done and nice photos.

Thanks Gerry.

Back home now. I ended up with a couple of ounces more than I left with, so covered costs at least:

wu8ofH8l.jpg

Largest piece was this stained 22 grammer in noisy tertiary ironstone conglomerate, a clear target signal:

oyHK4bpl.jpg

Find of the trip award goes to Reg Wilson for this 6 grammer, located at depth with a 4000 running "Normal" with "Bogene" settings:

dKC9qzol.jpg

This 6 grammer from "Ravens Patch" Longbush near Moliagul was a personal favourite, especially as many consider the area well and truly "skun"

mZpCuY3l.jpg

Following the rains, mobilised soil salts rendered GPZ "Normal" timings all but unworkable, so my supply of sub grammers at depth dried up somewhat. At least digging deeper holes became a breeze, so not all bad :)

Before that happened, I'm still blown away by actually hearing a half grammer at seven inches with a 22" coil, as well as a .1 grammer at 4"!

Other people are now reporting similar extraordinary results using X CC's, with their favourite flogged patches also coming to life again: 

https://www.facebook.com/groups/3553656301344280 

• Like 9
  • Oh my! 1

Seem to be varying results on the link posted James.  The Nic Mac bloke reckons it was no deeeper on his test patch and had less depth then the 14” on a 1/2 ouncer.

Seems to be pinging a good amount of prickly bits in tricky ground, turning the 7000 into a 6000 🤔😉

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Trent King said:

Seem to be varying results on the link posted James.  The Nic Mac bloke reckons it was no deeeper on his test patch and had less depth then the 14” on a 1/2 ouncer.

Seems to be pinging a good amount of prickly bits in tricky ground, turning the 7000 into a 6000 🤔😉

- and an SDC as well Trent. One coil type does it all? 

Hopefully, I'm going to trial a 26" Z DOD spiral soon on deep, unpushed big gold ground,, just to compare results with the 22" Z CC.

• Like 4

On 4/10/2021 at 7:33 PM, jrbeatty said:

- and an SDC as well Trent. One coil type does it all? 

Hopefully, I'm going to trial a 26" Z DOD spiral soon on deep, unpushed big gold ground,, just to compare results with the 22" Z CC.

Seems odd that i put my order in for a 22" spiral ages ago after seeing Dave test one here in AUS, only to be told that the maker wasn't happy with the results. I got offered the 20" instead. Either the new owners don't give a stuff what they pump out or they're smarter at making coils. It will be interesting to see how the bigger 26" goes. Do you think on deep gold the zed with a 26" will be any match for those prototypes you guys swung 30 years ago? Especially that big ass bismark coil.  

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Jin said:

Seems odd that i put my order in for a 22" spiral ages ago after seeing Dave test one here in AUS, only to be told that the maker wasn't happy with the results. I got offered the 20" instead. Either the new owners don't give a stuff what they pump out or they're smarter at making coils. It will be interesting to see how the bigger 26" goes. Do you think on deep gold the zed with a 26" will be any match for those prototypes you guys swung 30 years ago? Especially that big ass bismark coil.  

I’d say a lot of the Bismarck coil gold found back in the day could have been found with the later SD2100 with a standard 18” mono coil on it, with today’s grunt in the GPZ the standard GPZ14 would have easily pulled those big slugs at depth. As electronics have improved there’s been a converse reduction in available BIG targets, these available targets have correspondingly decreased with each model release. The other thing of note is when a target gets to that 3 foot mark (which all the PI’s from start to current day and now ZVT are quite capable of achieving) an inch is a massive difference relative to the inverse square law, at 3 feet an inch is akin to 6 inches extra depth at a foot and so on. The other issue is the detector is reacting to those deep slugs but you the operator is either not reacting to them because they are so broad or writing them off as ground noise or after having dug at a few only to have them dissipate then not bothering to go through the painful process of scraping back and trying to get a signal to improve to an identifiable definite response, when a target is at three + feet it can take a lot of digging before the signal becomes the real deal!!

I went to Georgetown Far North Queensland December of 2019 and was amazed by the local stories of all the big deep gold that was found with VLF detectors in pure granite country! All sluggy heavy gold, yet everyone up there these days is hitting the red oxidised diorite, weathered Gabbro and metabasalt contacts where it is more mineralised as the granite areas stopped producing long ago. I was amazed, I would not give that pale looking granite country a second look as I’ve spent the vast majority of my career chasing the high iron mineralised areas. Generally the more mineralised areas are also shallower so its a double whammy for modern detectors, the tech allows us to work the nasty ground and pull even tiny little bits of gold but due to the shallower nature of that type of ground large big slugs are less likely to be at depth, back in the day the VLF machines when venturing into those areas would have scored the bigger shallow signals.

JP

• Like 5

6 hours ago, Jin said:

Either the new owners don't give a stuff what they pump out or they're smarter at making coils.

I think I have missed that somewhere.  Has X-coils changed hands?   

News to me too, who are the new owners?