22" GPZ X Coil Concentric Results

3 hours ago, Gold Catcher said:

Here is what this area looks like. Caliche is a couple of feet down in some places but with small gold only, perhaps within reach of the 22X?

B-1.thumb.JPG.31dbc3fd9fbcbe2ce2f56e1a39785548.JPG

B-2.thumb.JPG.4729604d7179c8085fd34e16386c4a09.JPG

B-3.thumb.JPG.0f7d7434e65f8c54687b967cd8807996.JPG

That's the area with some stretching in a couple of directions from the Desert Queen Bee.  You can see the pushes with Google Earth.  The Shamrock claim was a good one for 3 years or so.

• Like 1

On 4/13/2021 at 5:00 AM, mn90403 said:

I had heard there was some sacking but didn't know the details.  Some of the tort and retort gave me a laugh but it is all pretty caustic stuff.  Aussies seem to let insults roll off their backs and return them until they just abandon all sense of detecting.

I wonder whether this tort & retort you talk of MN is a raw "questioning" characteristic that helped create the ability of Australians to take the lead in the niche industry manufacture of detector and aftermarket detector coils. Perhaps it is also that this "characteristic" is being shown by the X coil manufacturers from Russia giving us coils that are superior in performance on the ground if used in a questioning way.

I hope X coils current growing pains lead to even better coil technology and maybe flow over into a competitive detector being built to challenge MLs world detector dominance and if I may say so,😉 "control", that competition will lead to even better use of technology and take out "control" which will give us even faster detector advancement. Food for thought

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, Norvic said:

I hope X coils current growing pains lead to even better coil technology and maybe flow over into a competitive detector being built to challenge MLs world detector dominance and if I may say so,😉 "control", that competition will lead to even better use of technology and take out "control" which will give us even faster detector advancement for us. Food for thought

That's a great point, Norvic. Competition always helps the consumer, doesn't matter which sector. And although hard to imagine at present, a true ML competitor would accelerate product development and technologies (and would provide better respective marketing strategies for sure.....). Ideally, such a competitor would emerge from a country that has equally high standards and reputation in engineering. There are not many that would qualify.

Norvic,

I think the style of tort and retort is born of the English Parliamentary style of government where politicians stand up and directly confront their adversaries.  I've seen these debates of one side vs another and they are an essential part of governing.  It has obviously lent itself to making superior gold nugget finding devices that kept on evolving.

Well, I am just about strictly a consumer being absent the workshop or the inclination to be a designer.  That being said I can't adequately measure what it would take in this day in age to be a successful aftermarket coil manufacturer and certainly not a nugget detector designer.

It does seem tho that during the early development of these devices many were encouraged to make their own.  Are there boards and cases available now for doing the same?

• 2 weeks later...

The X Coil Concentrics are seemingly unstoppable with their reopening of old patches in Aus 😄

https://www.facebook.com/groups/3553656301344280

Acting on Ilya's advice, I'm now expecting a 26" CC instead of a DOD. There's a considerable weight difference and the 26" will have a larger diameter centre winding than the 22".  This should give much greater depth - 

• Like 5

On 3/20/2021 at 4:38 PM, mn90403 said:

JR,

Great job.  Is Reg swinging one also or has he tried yours?  Are they going to make a CC that size for the GPX/QED?

Not sure if this has been answered yet, but Detech make both an 18" and a 24" round Concentric coil for the GPX. Im seriously considering getting one soon...

• Like 1

Just wondering if anyone has heard if X Coils are gonna make a large (18-24") spiral-wound CC for GPX detectors??? The Detech ones are both bundle-wound and the logical step would be to go for a spiral-wound one instead...

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Aureous said:

Just wondering if anyone has heard if X Coils are gonna make a large (18-24") spiral-wound CC for GPX detectors??? The Detech ones are both bundle-wound and the logical step would be to go for a spiral-wound one instead...

I'm urging them to do it Aureous. Apparently its in the development pipeline -

Edit: Bugger me! I've turned into a gold member. Do I now present myself at the White House for a gong?? :)

• Like 2

A spiral wound Concentric would be interesting! The Detech bundle wound Concentrics are sensitive enough as is. I liked my Detech 18" Concentric but it now lives in WA after selling off my GPX4500 gear.

To me their biggest positives on PI type detectors is the EMI handling, ability to use more aggressive timings otherwise not usable (except with heavier less sensitive DD coils) & the sensitivity for size/coverage. Hopefully a spiral winding wouldn't negate that in more difficult conditions? Going off the GPZ Concentrics probably not as they are killing it from the reports but there are areas & circumstances where spiral wound mono coils aren't ideal on PI tech?

• Like 2

My modded 4500 is superbly quiet with all mono's I've used so I'm assuming the CC coils will be similarly smooth. The limited tests I've done against a 7000 using a 14" Elite mono gives me expectations of substantial depth on multi-grammers+ using a big concentric. The low frequency mod allows better energy saturation on deeper, larger targets. I'd have to do some serious tests on a test bed using the X coils big concentric when its ready...

• Like 3