GPX 6000 U.S. UK And Oz Version

Their shirts have no holes from the cat claw, and they are way too clean, but perhaps that is because they are on the way back to the truck to get their pick as jasong noted.

He isnt going to find much with his coil that far off the ground

Also, the "easy expert" should tighten his cable (top pic). 

• Haha 2

Bottom pic - his coil cover is so shiny, with no scratches to be seen; he must be a high-looper.

• Haha 2

I think we all look different after a long day prospecting than those guys in the pic. And it won't be so pretty....But hey, it's all good. They want to sell their machines after all and it's just advertisement. If they would show me after 8 hours detecting, nobody would buy the 6000...🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 4
  • Thanks 1

gotta be getting close...   the 24th is the day of drawing the hats and rest of the prizes from the competition 🤠

Look inside the 5000, 6000, and 7000. There is no effort at all to design for drops, such as shock absorption. Even just $0.25 rubber standoffs to isolate the circuitry from the exterior housing are not used at all. The circuit boards themselves do not contain anything particularly delicate or expensive. It appears the design philosophy is simply let it break and because it's cheap enough to put a new board in to fix it.

It was brought up that the 6000 uses more delicate electronics than other stuff which is drop rated, but I cannot see this as the being the case from what components are visible in the FCC docs. But I didn't feel it was particularly important to press the issue.

Reason I'm bringing it up again is I just happened to see this post right now, after earlier today reading and watching documentation on a much, much more delicate and sensitive device - the X-Met 8000 XRF gun. It's drop rated for 6ft though, repeatedly. And then just now I got my mail and received a thermal imaging camera (again, more delicate than a metal detector) and saw that it was also drop rated for 6ft as I was reading the specs.

I felt as if it was kinda implied I (or others) was ridiculous for saying I drop my GPZ from a foot or two commonly as I dig hundreds of holes a day and walk up and down steep, uneven terrain, canyons, etc where such drops should be expected daily. But I do not feel it's ridiculous at all to expect a top level metal detector - intended as a field tool in rugged terrain - to be drop rated for minimum 2 feet, and should be more like 6ft. If they can do it with a tightly calibrated XRF gun containing a glass Xray tube and a $6000 SDD that is so sensitive that it requires yearly calibration in a lab, or with my laptop, phone, or with a thermal imaging camera, they can do it with a metal detector and it's not ridiculous or strange at all to expect it IMO. People are not expecting enough if they think it's normal for a metal detector to break if you drop it a foot or two.

• Like 7