Coiltech 5 By 10 Coil On #9 Shot At Youtube

• The title was changed to Coiltech 5 By 10 Coil On #9 Shot At Youtube

The video from Simon shows that both coils have a good sensitivity to very small pellets ,,, and at the same time explains where the most sensitive detection sites are in both compared coils ...👍

6" Minelab coil retains the same sensitivity over the entire coil, this is because this coil had a distance of 2 crossing points TX and RX is relatively close to each other ... - this way the coil can maintain active sensitivity to very small targets throughout its lenght ..

5x10" Coiltek coil ...- because it is an elliptical coil .. it will also be the most sensitive to the smallest targets in 2 places -where the Tx and RX windings intersect ... but since these meshes are shifted further apart in terms of coil length, so the center of the coil will show a slightly mild sensitivity compared to both ends of the coil ...

It is a physical property of different size and shape of DD coils ...

And both coils have their design advantages .. both with gold detection and in coin detection ..

When detecting slightly larger objects where the active area of the object is larger in the direction of focus, this effect is lost and both coils will be the most sensitive and I will have the greatest range in the center of the coil ...

I will show similar properties of both coils when testing the coin on the edge - when the coin is swept on the edge in the longitudinal direction of the edge of the coin ...

Therefore, often in the detection of the condition that the excavated coin on the edge of the crown is placed outside the center of the dug hole - it was because you received the best signal from the end of the DD coil.

• Like 6

6 hours ago, EL NINO77 said:

The video from Simon shows that both coils have a good sensitivity to very small pellets ,,, and at the same time explains where the most sensitive detection sites are in both compared coils ...👍

6" Minelab coil retains the same sensitivity over the entire coil, this is because this coil had a distance of 2 crossing points TX and RX is relatively close to each other ... - this way the coil can maintain active sensitivity to very small targets throughout its lenght ..

5x10" Coiltek coil ...- because it is an elliptical coil .. it will also be the most sensitive to the smallest targets in 2 places -where the Tx and RX windings intersect ... but since these meshes are shifted further apart in terms of coil length, so the center of the coil will show a slightly mild sensitivity compared to both ends of the coil ...

It is a physical property of different size and shape of DD coils ...

And both coils have their design advantages .. both with gold detection and in coin detection ..

When detecting slightly larger objects where the active area of the object is larger in the direction of focus, this effect is lost and both coils will be the most sensitive and I will have the greatest range in the center of the coil ...

I will show similar properties of both coils when testing the coin on the edge - when the coin is swept on the edge in the longitudinal direction of the edge of the coin ...

Therefore, often in the detection of the condition that the excavated coin on the edge of the crown is placed outside the center of the dug hole - it was because you received the best signal from the end of the DD coil.

El Nino, do you know if the stock 11” has this same effect on small targets?  Where sensitivity is higher at ends than at center?  Same effect as 10x5?  Or does the round vs. elliptical DD improve this effect?

Learned something new. I thought the sensitivity would have been even across the coil or strongest in center. 

I’ll have to do some experimenting of my own but curious curious on your thoughts. I have experienced this target outside of hope where I had thought I had pinpointed the center. 

1 hour ago, nickeldNdimed said:

El Nino, do you know if the stock 11” has this same effect on small targets?  Where sensitivity is higher at ends than at center?  Same effect as 10x5?  Or does the round vs. elliptical DD improve this effect?

Learned something new. I thought the sensitivity would have been even across the coil or strongest in center. 

I’ll have to do some experimenting of my own but curious curious on your thoughts. I have experienced this target outside of hope where I had thought I had pinpointed the center. 

Yes, this effect of reduced sensitivity is also visible on the standard 11 "Equinox coil ..... but this is a shortcoming in all DD coils..which are larger in size ...

• Like 2