The Beast Electric Off Road ATV Style Bike

nvchris

Tyres 

Tyres selection on the CRF150F and the XR150L is very limited, you dont get a good selection until you get CRF250F maybe you should consider getting a good secondhand 250 if tyres are that important they are ok to road register.

I know flat tyres well, a flat and no water can kill you very quickly where I operate.

I ALWAYS carry a tool kit spare front and rear tubes and a large patch size puncture repair kit, pump and 2L of water on the bike in the pouch mounted on the front of my bike 

GH,

I looked up that 150 also and they dont sell it here in the US.... nothing beats a Honda for reliability.... I started with a CB90S when i was a teenager and kept moving till i had a 1974 CB750 when i was in the Army..... scared to ride on the road now.....

I will see how long i can continue to pedal my new beast around before i go gasoline---- the BLM watches gas vehicles more than mountain or fat tired bikes---im hoping they wont notice the big motor on mine.....hahaha..... One thing about mine is ---i HAVE to pedal or it doesnt move---so i should be as thin as you by the end of the summer  (or dead)....

Just another adventure!!!! Right

Good hunting to you and the AU gang!

Hi Paul

Yep you'll definitely shed some LB's on your beast!

I can't believe they don't sell the CRF150F in America!

I would have thought that you would have a massive market for that size bike over there??????

I wouldn't worry to much about one of your trigger happy American cops :lol:  or other policy enforcers pulling you over in the desert, or are they that bad.

Once I had the cops try wave me down on a bush track (probably because I don't wear a helmet which is illegal in oz) I just waved back then turned off the track and went down the mountain bush bashing.

Found new workings because of my detour and cleaned up! 

• Like 2

G'day,

It looks as if I am going to have a problem replacing my CT110. I went into the Honda shop yesterday and the only road legal off- road bike ( Honda  XR150L  ) is unsuitable for the amount of road use I would subject it to. The gearing is far too low and the full knobby's would wear out very quickly on tar seal, as well as being dangerous. I tried a 200cc trail bike, which I was told was the same height as the 150cc and although I could reach the ground (it has a sunken seat) it still sits far too high to safely get through some of the tights spots I have to navigate. 

If Honda just started selling the Cross Club ( http://www.honda.co.jp/CROSSCUB/  ) in NZ I would have my suitable replacement bike. 

Ff2vtO.jpg

Regards,

Rob (RKC)