Breezy Day Gold Rush Camp Hunt

Ā  Ā All very nice finds, in great condition indeed! The coin has a hole, but that just gives it more of a character, and a story to guess at!Ā  Hopefully not a key date!

Ā  Ā Reminds me of the old cowboy movies where the gunslinger is showing off his skills at shooting thrown coins! But that would have to be BB sized bullet!šŸ˜ More than likely a hammered nail hole! But you just never know! I tend to think that all crudely done holes were done to sew the coins into clothing for safekeeping! But I'm no historian!šŸ‘šŸ‘

• Like 4

On 3/20/2021 at 8:54 PM, CVISChris said:

She is running the Vanquish and itā€™s chattery. I may have to get her something better.

The Vanquish is a powerful machine... but a lot more ability to adjust settings and user preferences with the EQX to handle difficult ground (as you stated).Ā  The biggest issue you will haveĀ is the competition in the field with you both running the same machine šŸ˜‰Ā  As always... incredible finds table Chris.Ā  ~Tim.

• Like 1

Joe, the coin is so small that IĀ picture something like an ice pick to make that little hole..Ā  i agree on the sewing it in clothing.

Ā 

Tim,Ā  the Equinox is running fairly smooth at 22 or 23 but the Vanquish even on reduced power is just too noisy and she keeps digging square nails that come up at a 17.Ā  I really want her to score some nice targetsĀ  and stay interested.Ā Ā 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, CVISChris said:

I really want her to score some nice targetsĀ  and stay interested.

I understand that!Ā  Best wishes to you both on your upcoming finds.Ā Ā 

8 hours ago, Tom_in_CA said:

Love the unfolding on-going story of this site.Ā Ā  HopefullyĀ  you'll assemble a Riker shadow box, that is dedicated to finds from just-this-site.Ā Ā  Will make for a nice home museum display.Ā Ā Ā 

Hi Tom... We were in the big city of Fresno and bought a Curio Cabinet with a locking door and felt seal. Ā I will keep all of these finds in a group and well documented as to location etc. Ā We are just waiting for it to be delivered then I will attempt a tasteful set up. Ā 

• Like 3

The beautifulĀ  "Wolf" buttonĀ  is what is commonly known as a Sportsman or Sporting button, most of which are made in England generally 1840s-60s. I have also seen them sometimes referred to as livery buttons. They areĀ  assumed to have come from a large over coat or hunting jacket . In some cases each button depicted a different animal on the same garment. They were apparently a very popular coat during the California gold rush and often turn up in gold camps.Ā 

• Like 2

Thank you for the good info Eric.Ā  I do appreciate it. I am still looking for a good place to pick up a Deus.Ā Ā 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Elbert said:

Did you do any hunting this past weekend?

El

I did go yesterday but, nothing good.Ā  It was hot and the ground was much drier.Ā  I will hit it again next weekend.Ā 

• Like 1