The $500 Plus Machines That Have Been A Huge Success

It is mind boggling that almost all my buddies and other  people  I see hunting or talk to have a Nox.The same thing could be said for the  Garrett At series.Almost everybody I know  has had one and I have seen guys  I don't know  using them a lot before the  Nox came out.With Garrett the At pro was the most common.On this  Forum  I would bet that most have had a Nox.  Even  though  I used the X-terra I never saw that many being used around here even though it seemed to  be  popular around the  world.The At  pro was more popular compared to it  in the US probably because of Garrett  marketing and it being all terrain and cheaper compared to the 705 version.For the turf I would take the X-terra any day because it    could be  tailored to more hunting  situations.The x-terra and the Nox sound very    alike which made it easy for me to gel  with the Nox.

• Like 1

The  Explorer series was popular with my buddies.Almost all of them had one.I did not see  that many E- tracs and only my  rich buddy had a Ctx.I talked to a buddy and he  said that a guy using a CTX cleaned up on a golf course that use to be a fairground and a old horse track.He showed  him a picture of a draped bust silver dollar  he found there.  My buddy and  his son both got  Draped bust dimes.The guy was getting over 30 silvers in a day when  he first  started  hunting there.He got permission to hunt in the off season for golf.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Dances With Doves said:

I talked to a buddy and he  said that a guy using a CTX cleaned up on a golf course that use to be a fairground and a old horse track.

So three of the greatest sites a coin hunter could ever ask for, all simultaneous?  I'd happily take my Teknetics Gamma 6000 or Tesoro Vaquero there and bet I could do pretty well.

I've found it interesting that no matter what detector is coming on the market, there are YouTube videos with early testers shown finding one old coin after another.  Think those spots have been hunted previously?  Sometimes detecting is like getting on a time machine.  You travel back 50 years to hunt a site with a 2020 detector....

• Like 2

• The title was changed to The $ 500 Plus Machines That Have Been A Huge Success
  • The title was changed to The $500 Plus Machines That Have Been A Huge Success

Just about every detector company had their day in the sun at one time or another. Some were one-hit wonders, Like Compass, Barracuda, etc, but, not all. There was a time in the not too distant past when Whites was the top dog. They had a run with the 6000, Eagle II, Spectrum, and XLT where just about everyone I knew had and used one. Too bad they rested on their laurels a bit too much and didn't continue their innovative ways.

• Like 2

I'll add the Tesoro Tejon, one I still wish I purchased. My forum member Kac will attest to its ability to find things other's missed. 

Would the F75 fit into this list?  Not sure what your parameters are for successful but seems like it has been around for a while and they are still milking it as a flagship. Seems to have a following and some praise as well. And I guess if you combine variants like T2, numbers of units in use might be even higher?