Now Here Is A Balanced Equinox 800!

I got the rod from Bulgaria.

eQUIOXN.JPG

• Like 4

Hi Rick, 

Looks nice. I bought one of those too. Very lightweight and nice- except for the cheap lower rod 

part.  I had my 2nd Nox w/ 6” coil mounted on this shaft. Was nice, but I then went to the carbon fiber 

monopole that Steve H. First tried. I might use it for my other Nox w/11” coil, but not sure. 
good luck with it. 

I have Steve's carbon fiber rod too. I'm going to try both of them in the water and see which is best.

Does the S-rod make it balanced enough to comfortably carry the detector right side up?  Would you say it's easier to carry now or did it carry better upside down with the straight rod?

• Like 1

I don't understand the questions.

It is set up like a T2, right side up and I think it is better than a straight shaft in the water. A straight shaft gets more torque as you swing. On land you probably won't notice much difference especially with a carbon fiber shaft.

I could do a straight shaft upside if I added a handle to it?

I'm going to try both in the water again to see if there is much of difference. T2 style or carbon fiber straight shaft. Probably not a lot of difference. I hunt lakes up to my chin.

• Like 2

• The title was changed to Now Here Is A Balanced Equinox 800!
5 hours ago, Rick N. MI said:

I don't understand the questions.

I was referring to how the detector is carried when not being used.

With the straight rod, the detector must be carried upside down which makes the control pod vulnerable if you trip or fall.

Does the S-rod change that?  Can it be carried right side up with the S-rod?  Does the S-rod make it easier to carry?

I often have to carry the Equinox long distances to get to detecting sites.  That's why I'm asking.

I don't go long distances so I don't know. I will put it over my shoulder walking to the car.

5 hours ago, Badger-NH said:

Can it be carried right side up with the S-rod?

Never noticed until you asked.  My modified Equinox (with S-shaft midsection and lower section both taken from my ML X-Terra 705) does in fact 'ride' balanced with the control pod up, not down.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...